Los Angeles, California – 24x7digital LLC has released TeachMe: Kindergarten 4.0, an update to their popular children’s learning series for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. TeachMe: Kindergarten is an educational app which teaches age-appropriate topics to kindergartners: sight words, spelling, addition, subtraction, and now writing skills for letters and numbers. The writing module will teach children proper stroke order and develop fine motor skills for young learners.
TeachMe: Kindergarten is popular with parents because it is educational, and kids enjoy it because it is fun and engaging. The learning screens are colorful and rotate between the different topics so children don’t get bored. In addition, TeachMe: Kindergarten has a unique reward system where children earn coins to buy stickers to place in different scenes or buy items for the animated virtual aquarium. The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, allowing children to play without help from an adult. Mimi Mouse, our animated teacher, gives patient verbal instructions and feedback to encourage students to learn and succeed!
* Virtual Aquarium reward (4 types of fish and 40+ items)
* 6 different sticker reward scenes: farm, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, playground
* Hundreds of different stickers for adding to scenes
* Classroom friendly tracking of up to 40 students on a single shared device
* Select which subjects are displayed for each child
* Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
* Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
* Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
* Tracks recent performance for each subject item
* Export sticker rewards scenes to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
* Letter Writing: Upper-case A-Z and lower-case a-z
* Number Writing: 0-9
* Sight Words: Dolch Pre-K and Dolch K
* Addition: up to a total of 10
* Subtraction: from 10 down
* Spelling: complete words by finding the missing letter
TeachMe: Kindergarten keeps children motivated with a unique reward system where children earn a coin for every three correct answers. Coins can then be used to purchase stickers to place in different colorful sticker scenes or to purchase items for a virtual aquarium. Reward scenes can be exported as wallpaper or emailed to family and friends.
The virtual aquarium reward allows children to use their coins at the aquarium’s fish store to purchase animated fish to put in their tank. They can also buy plants, gravel, centerpieces and fish food to add to their aquarium.
The achievement screen allows parents and children to easily see progress for each topic. Each topic has five levels represented by stars, along with a colorful progress bar which shows how close you are to achieving the next level. The screen also shows the number of learned questions and the number of correct answers per topic.
The teaching system quizzes on 10 questions at a time in each topic. A question is marked as learned once it is answered correctly three times in a row. When a question is learned, a new more difficult question becomes active.
The math learning screens teach the concepts of addition and subtraction using an interactive interface. In the addition topic, the child can tap a button to add the correct number of objects onto the screen, and then they can tap the objects to count them. In the subtraction topic, the child drags objects into a trash can to remove them, and they can tap the remaining objects to count them.
New In Version 4.0:
* Letter Writing Topic for upper-case A-Z and lower-case a-z
* Number Writing Topic for numbers 0-9
* Animated strokes show the child exactly how to write each letter or number
* Writing modes progress from animated tracing, to tracing, to freehand
* Customize by choosing from different common stroke orderings
* View most recent writing samples from letter and numbers topics
* iOS 7 enhancements
24x7digital’s entire lineup of TeachMe apps have been enhanced for iOS7 as well as iPhone 5 screen layout and Retina Display graphics. TeachMe: Toddler, TeachMe: Kindergarten, TeachMe: 1st Grade, TeachMe: 2nd Grade, and TeachMe: 3rd Grade are all available on the iTunes App Store.
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (optimized for iPhone 5 and Retina displays)
* Requires iPhone OS 4.3 or later
* 50.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
TeachMe: Kindergarten 4.0 for Apple iOS is available for $1.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple’s iTunes App Store in the Education category.
Based in Los Angeles, California, 24x7digital LLC is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by Rei Yoshioka and Mark Yamashita. Leveraging their longtime experience in development and consulting, 24x7digital’s focus is developing high-quality, simple, and easy-to-use apps for the iOS and Mac platforms. Copyright (C) 2002-2013 24x7digital LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.