Yoshkar-Ola, Russian Federation – Virtualnye Prostranstva LLC today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of “3D Molecules Edit&Drill 1.6,” an exciting Chemistry application for iPad and iPhone. 3D Molecules Edit&Drill is a useful chemistry tool for iPad and iPhone geared to build 3D molecule models from scratch. With this app users can easily create model of any organic or inorganic compound using most of periodic table elements. Elements palette can be sorted by mass and by name.
There is also “Rings” tool, which make it easy to build cyclic compounds. The application supports single, double and triple bonds. The created model can be visualized in Stick style, Ball and Stick or Spacefill (CPK). At any moment users can get information about bonds length and symbols of chemical elements.
The key feature of 3D Molecules Edit&Drill is “Test yourself” mode allows learners to check their knowledge of chemical compounds and to receive feedback. Learners get a list of organic and inorganic compounds and can build their own models to check how well they learnt the material. At any moment users can check the correctness of the model and get some help. Application feedback is very important for learners when learning chemical compounds. The app includes tutorial how to create and delete models.
When you have finished building your molecule you can either save the model or sent by e-mail. Model can also be opened directly from e-mail. Users have a possibility to change already placed atoms to other elements in the created model.
Main features of the app:
* “Test yourself” mode to build the target chemical compounds
* Hints which provide information about what’s going wrong with the builded molecule
* Visualization of Stick style, Ball and Stick, Spacefill (CPK) models
* Visualization of atomic orbitals and electron effects
* T-shaped and seesaw molecular geometries support
* Support of single, double and triple bonds
* Building molecule models of cyclic compounds
* Availability of information about the bond length and chemical element symbols in the molecule
* Bond-angle optimization
* Saving and sending the created model by e-mail
* Export to VRML format for builded molecule
* Opening the molecule file attachments directly from Mail
* US English and Russian
* iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.1 or more recent (iOS 5.0 tested)
* 25 MB
Pricing and Availability:
3D Molecules Edit&Drill 1.6 is $3.99 USD and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store under the Education category.
Virtualnye Prostranstva LLC has had over 10 years experience in educational applications development. Copyright (C) 2012 Virtualnye Prostranstva LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.