Berkeley, California – The Three Pandas storybook app by See Here Studios has donated 8500 bamboo plants to Pandas International for conservation efforts. The plants will be used to reforest nearly 2 acres of land at panda reserves in the Sichuan Province of China, the natural habitat of the giant panda. The giant panda’s diet is 99% bamboo.
The Three Pandas storybook app transports the story of Goldilocks and the three bears to the home of three adorable panda bears. The interactive storybook features actual photos of panda bears that are brought to life through animation.
The Three Pandas is a Universal App compatible with iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices. See Here Studios formed an association with the nonprofit organization Pandas International to donate a portion of app proceeds to panda conservation efforts. Pandas International is a U.S.-based nonprofit that works directly with the China Conservation & Research Centers for the Giant Panda (CCRCGP) in southwestern China.
The app has raised funds to purchase 8500 bamboo seedlings. “It was very important for us to give back to the pandas and to contribute to the conservation of this incredible species,” explains the book’s author, Valerie Mih. “We’re thrilled that a portion of the app proceeds will be donated to Pandas International to help the species survive for future generations.”
To celebrate the donation, the app will be on a limited time sale through the end of December 2012 for $1.99 USD, 30% of the regular price of $2.99 USD.
* Over 60 touchable interactions in 30 lushly illustrated storybook pages
* Animated film-like scenes immerse readers in the bamboo forest
* Full orchestral score and musical sound effects
* Select English or Chinese language text and narration
* Choose “Read to Me” for full narration or “Read Myself” to exclude narration
* Turn on Auto-Play for automatic page turning
* Learn more about pandas through an educational page and links within the app
* Record one’s own voiceover by tapping the microphone icon
* For ages 2-7
* Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), iPad and iPad mini
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 117 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Three Pandas Animated Storybook is on sale for $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) through the end of December 2012 (regular price $2.99 USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Books category.
See Here Studios combines world-class visuals with new storytelling technologies to create inspiring reading experiences for children. The company’s Tickle Book(R) apps for iPad and iPhone aim to nurture a life-long love of reading. Copyright (C) 2012 See Here Studios LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.