Freienbach, Switzerland – JustKidsApps today is thrilled to announce the release of Adventures of One Sock – My Pal Rodger 1.0. Parents who are thinking about introducing a pet into the family, want to understand a little bit more about what it’s like to be autistic, or just want to enjoy with their kids a sweet story about a boy, his toy and a new pet dog, will be delighted by this storybook app.
“I have good news and I have even better news!” Daddy announces at the beginning of the story. The good news is that the family, including a little boy nicknamed One Sock, are going to spend Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa’s house. The even better news turns out to be not such a great development for poor One Sock however…
Our hero’s constant and dearest companion is his favorite toy, Alligator. Unfortunately for both One Sock and his stuffed playmate, the family’s newest member, Rodger the dog, also takes a strong liking to Alligator. As the action moves to Grandpa and Grandma’s house, Rodger’s fixation with One Sock’s toy persists, much to the little boy’s distress. Then, to make matters worse, Alligator gets lost! Will One Sock’s beloved toy be found? Will he and Rodger ever become friends?
This story was authored by One Sock’s Dad, Roy Ruiz, and JustKidsApps is excited to bring out the app version of the book which includes the following features:
* Colorful and stylized illustrations by Natalie Silva, that both kids and grown-ups will love
* Interactive sound elements, plus kids can play ‘find the missing sock’ on each page
* English and German versions of the story
* Both language versions include a ‘Read myself’ and a ‘Read to me’ option
* The ‘Read to me’ option is narrated and includes text highlighting to support the development of early reading skills
* English narration is by Priya Rana Kapoor, a Human Behavior specialist, life coach and soon-to-be author
“In addition to being just like every other little boy who loves cars, planes and has his favorite toys, One Sock is autistic,” says Roy Ruiz, One Sock’s Daddy and author of the book. “It’s not referred to explicitly in the story but it’s a great way to share with children some of the challenges faced by their friends who may be affected by this developmental disability.”
Which are in One Sock’s case:
* Changes in his environment, particularly surprise ones like the arrival of a new dog, can be difficult for him to adjust to
* Alligator is very important to One Sock as a transition toy – something familiar and comforting that eases his anxieties
* Sensory issues can make clothes (like socks!) uncomfortable to wear
* Social skills like sharing can be very difficult concepts for him to learn
Kids as well as their parents are bound to enjoy the story’s timeless and universal themes involving family, cherished toys and a little boy and his dog – his pal, Rodger.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 31.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Adventures of One Sock – My Pal Rodger is available for a special introductory price of $0.99 (USD) worldwide exclusively throughout the App Store in the Books category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Freienbach, Switzerland, JustKidsApps is a small, independent developer of interactive children’s books for iPad. JustKidsApps takes the children’s privacy seriously: none of their apps includes analytics, any kind of tracking, social network features, ads or In-App-Purchases, and they do not collect personal information. JustKidsApps is a member of Parents with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families. Copyright (C) 2013 JustKidsApps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.