Munich, Germany – Today, the creators of the world’s best-selling iOS DJ software, Algoriddim, release djay 2, the next generation of their highly acclaimed djay app for iPhone and iPad, on the App Store. Downloaded by millions of Mac and iOS users, djay allows anyone to easily mix and scratch music from their iTunes library or enable “Automix” mode to let djay automatically create a seamless mix of their favorite songs.
djay 2 introduces a groundbreaking new user interface that utilizes sliding layers to combine turntables, HD Waveforms(TM) and a drum machine into an intuitive, yet powerful all-in-one DJ system.
“djay 2 represents the very heart of what we do,” says Karim Morsy, CEO of Algoriddim. “We put years of experience and input from millions of fans into every detail to create the best possible DJ experience on iPad and iPhone. We are thrilled to bring djay 2 to market and can’t wait to see how our fans will utilize the new app.”
Retaining the simplicity of the traditional DJ turntable look-and-feel, djay 2 adds a stunning new waveform layer, which allows users to touch and interact with their music at an unprecedented level of detail and clarity. HD Waveforms provide users with precise visual cues that highlight similar sounds with similar colors, leveraging the full resolution of the Retina display on iPad and iPhone.
The all-new built-in sampler adds another dimension of creativity that allows users to trigger sounds and create drumbeats on top of their music. In addition to djay’s extensive pre-bundled content ranging from “Sound FX” to “Dubstep”, users can sample their music from iTunes on the fly to create and save their own sample banks that can be quickly loaded during a performance.
The all-new music browser makes finding and queuing songs in the iTunes library easier than ever before. With intuitive swipe gestures, users can now quickly build playlists based on song requests and upcoming tracks on the spot. It also includes a history playlist that automatically tracks played songs. This allows users to see what has already been played during their session, making it easy to recreate a great mix.
At the heart of djay 2’s features is a cutting edge new analysis technology that associates musical patterns and sounds with color. This allows users to visually identify the chorus, verse and similar sounding parts within a song. Moreover, it accurately detects BPM, beat grids, loudness, frequency, and other information about the audio, which lays the foundation for Perfect Sync(TM) – a function that allows users to seamlessly blend songs together with the tap of a button and ensures they always stay beat-synchronized for a perfect transition or mash-up.
Additionally, djay 2’s turntable interface now offers virtual grooves, which are individually mapped and rendered for every song on djay’s virtual records. The unique peaks and valleys are visible just like on traditional vinyl, which allows users to quickly identify breaks within a song.
All-new user interface:
* Turntable view: Hyper-realistic “two turntables and a mixer” DJ setup for intuitive mixing and scratching
* HD Waveforms view: New layer featuring scrolling parallel waveforms with advanced performance capabilities
* Single deck view in portrait orientation: Single deck view allows focus on an individual deck and provides larger controls
* Sampler view: Allows the user to add sounds to their live performance, comes with high-quality pre-bundled content
All-new music library:
* Queue: Perfect for upcoming songs and requests
* History: Offers a catalog of previously played songs with auto-saved playlists
* Light/dark mode: Adjust to a bright day-light setting or a dark-club lighting
* Expandable full-screen view: Dynamically switch from popover to full-screen view
* Advanced sorting: Easily browse music by BPM, Title, Artist, Time
* Instant preview: Quickly preview a track in the library before loading it to the deck
* Analyze library: Pre-analyze entire iTunes music library (BPM, Beat Grids, Gain, Color, etc)
* Pre-bundled content: Comes with built-in sample packs (Essentials, Sound FX, and Dubstep Pack)
* Color-coded drum pads: Assign a color to each pad for easy identification of samples
* Live sampling: Create custom samples recorded live from the two decks
* Custom sample banks: Reassign samples to buttons and save as custom presets
* Parallel Scrolling Waveforms View: Touch and interact with two tracks side-by-side
* Beat Grids: Visualizes the beats and bars of a song
* Spectral Timeline: In overview mode this shows the structure of the song (e.g. verse, chorus). In detail mode it allows the user to distinguish bass drums, snare drums, hi-hats, etc. by color
* Slice Mode: Slices waveform into four-beat bars and allows the user to trigger each beat individually for stunning live remixing
Enhanced Performance Modes:
* Slip Mode: Scratch without interrupting the flow as the music snaps back in time seamlessly
* Loop-FX: Beat-matched looping with simultaneous XY-style filtering
Enhanced Audio Analysis:
* Full color waveforms: Identifies similar musical patterns within a song and associates them with color
* Beat grids: Editable and shared via iCloud across Mac, iPad, and iPhone
* Real Vinyl: Virtual grooves are individually mapped and rendered for every track on djay’s virtual records. It allows to quickly identify breaks within a song, as if the vinyl was fresh off the press
* Perfect Sync: Keeps songs perfectly in sync by time-stretching their beat-grids in real-time
Enhanced Support for DJ Hardware Controllers and Multi-Channel Audio Interfaces:
* Improved MIDI integration: Enhanced djay’s officially supported hardware controllers with new pro-level features: Vestax Spin 2, Numark iDJ Pro, Numark Mixdeck Quad, Numark iDJ Live, Numark iDJ Live II, iDJ 2 Go, Pioneer DDJ-WeGo, and Pioneer DDJ-Ergo
oAll-new portrait interface: Optimized for Numark iDJ Pro
Algoriddim’s flagship product djay is popular with an international audience of millions of users, from consumers and music lovers to professional DJs and renowned artists. It has won prestigious awards including the 2011 Apple Design Award and was named App of the Year by Apple in more than 100 countries as part of App Store Rewind 2011. Over the past years it has maintained its high-ranking as the #1 DJ app on the App Store and has launched partnerships with renowned artists including David Guetta, Snoop Dogg, and Far East Movement. It is fully compatible with dedicated DJ controllers from leading hardware partners including Vestax, Numark, and Pioneer.
djay 2 for iPhone supports iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch 4th and 5th generation running iOS 6 or later. djay 2 for iPad supports iPad mini, iPad 2, iPad 3 and the new iPad 4 running iOS 6 or later.
Pricing and Availability:
djay 2.0 is now available on the App Store for a one-week special introductory price of $0.99 (USD) on iPhone and $4.99 on iPad. Both are available in the Music category in the App Store.
Algoriddim, founded in 2006, creates state-of-the-art music and video applications for Mac, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Combining sophisticated technology with intuitive design, Algoriddim eliminates the boundaries between consumer and professional-level software. Algoriddim’s goal is to create a world where every person can be an artist and bring their digital media to life. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013 Algoriddim. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.