Courtenay, Canada – The universe of word games just expanded with today’s launch of Word Out, the new free word game app by developer Mike Read. Word Out challenges players to quickly create three, four, five, six or seven-letter words from a grid of scrambled letters. The goal is to build words, earn points, and clear the board of letters as fast as possible.
Word Out has been referred to as a “Sudoko for words” and is already an international success since arriving in the Apple store. It appeals to word nerds of all ages whether their first language is English or if they are trying to improve their English as a second language.
“The concept of Word Out is deceptively simple both for kids and adults alike,” says creator Mike Read. “You must use up all the letters provided as quickly and with as little help as possible. It’s the ultimate challenge whether you’re a word expert or in primary school.” Help can be sought with “Undo” and “Wizard” functions but using these cost points. Points are earned by creating words and solving each puzzle grid in as short of time as possible.
There are fifty increasingly challenging levels of play, each with Education Blocks to be earned based on player speed and accuracy. Word Out players can share their high scores on social platforms as they graduate through levels such as Grade school and University. The ultimate aim is to eventually become “King of the Word” and beat the board.
* Word database containing thousands of standard words and Scrabble words
* Word Out checks the Apple dictionary for words if not in the database
* 50 levels of play from simple three-letter words to complex seven-letter words
* ‘Education Blocks’ earned for each level, based on speed and accuracy in the game
* ‘Undo’ and ‘Wizard’ options to offer help (at the cost of points)
* ‘Swipe Up’ feature (iPhone and iPod only) displays words that have been tried, and the words removed by the player
* Share high scores and Graduations with friends and family on Facebook and Twitter
* Sync high scores and current grade between devices
* Available for iPad, iPhone and iPod (requires iOS 7)
* Synching feature requires active iCloud account on all devices)
Pricing and Availability:
* Free version includes three and four-letter words, levels 1-4
* Deluxe version ($1.99) unlocks five, six, and seven-letter words
* Available in the App Store
Mike Read is an avid Scrabble player, word geek, walking thesaurus and independent software developer specializing in iOS development. His last name really is Read. He has been developing software for 14 years and holds a degree in Software Engineering. Although an experience Microsoft Certified App Developer, his current focus is developing solutions for Apple devices. He lives on Vancouver Island in the Comox Valley with his family. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Mike Read. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.