Alexandria, Virginia – Vito Technology is proud to announce a major upgrade to its Star Walk app – the augmented reality app for spotting over 200,000 stars, planets, constellations, satellites and galaxies in the night sky. The new version has been released for Back to School season and includes amazing visual effects of sunset and sunrise, new Info for objects, stunning galleries of astronomy pictures from ESO and ESA, and easy sharing options.
Star Walk is a handy astronomy guide that shows celestial objects (stars, constellations, satellites, etc.) in the exact positions on the sky above you, providing comprehensive information about them. It helps anyone even remotely interested in astronomy find their way across the sky, determine where to look for any chosen object, rewind or fast-forward time to see how celestial bodies move. It inspires curiosity about the Universe and helps understand amazing cosmic phenomena.
The visible and invisible parts of the sky are divided with colors that change in accordance with the time of the day. For the day time the sky is blue and bright, for the night time it is dark blue and black. Due to the improved visual effects the sunset and sunrise on a device look very realistic with flares and rays across the sky. To view it one can choose the Sun and fast forward the Time Machine on the right side bar or meet a sunset with Star Walk app.
To make the adventure to outer Space even more educational Vito Technology team added new experience to the object Info. The new Info window features numerous pictures of the object, “Did you Know?” facts, figures about sizes and distances, detailed descriptions and Wikipedia articles.
* Augmented Reality
* Star Spotter – real time motion tracking tells you what stars are above you in the sky
* Satellites Tracking – never miss ISS flying over your head again
* Time Machine – see what the sky looks like at any moment in the past or future
* Calendar of Celestial Events: plan stargazing without leaving your favorite app
* Picture of the Day – stunning pictures from deep space
* Night Mode – preserve your dark vision to see more stars
* Search – wondering where Jupiter is right now? Arrow will guide you to it
* Big Screen – connect a second display to view the sky on a big screen
* AirPrint, Moon Phases, Info, View from any location, TelRad, Sharing, Bookmarks, and more
* No internet connection required
English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 175.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Star Walk – 5 Stars Astronomy Guide 6.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. Star Walk for iPad – interactive astronomy guide 6.0 is also available for $4.99.
Based in Alexandria, Virginia, Vito Technology Inc. is headed by CEO Victor Toporkov and has developed an impressive portfolio of products for Windows Mobile since it entered the mobile software market in 2001. The company’s latest endeavors include iOS and Web 2.0 software development. Vito Technology won an Apple Design Award in 2010 for its Star Walk for iPad app. The company consists of two departments: Research & Development Department and Marketing Department with 30 employees in total. Copyright (C) 2011 Vito Technology Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.