Saint Louis, Missouri – Bivy 1.0 is now available on the App Store. Bivy is a great iOS client for Tent distributed social networks. Bivy connects to your Tent server, allowing you to:
* Post 256 character status messages, publicly or privately.
* Reply to messages from others.
* Repost messages you would like to share with your followers.
* Follow people you find interesting.
* Add location information to your posts and view locations from other posts.
* View complete conversations.
* Browse the Tent.is public timeline.
* Share Tent posts to other social networks like Twitter or Facebook.
Bivy takes advantage of the latest features in iOS 6. Bivy is a universal app that runs on iPhone and iPod Touch as well as iPad. Bivy supports multiple accounts and allows you to quickly switch between them with a tap or swipe gesture in the header bar. Double tap on a reply to quickly view the entire conversation. Tap on any URL in a post to view the web page in Bivy, Safari, or Chrome. Tap on any Tent username or avatar to view a full profile.
Why use Tent? Tent is a social network that is decentralized, like email and the web. Unlike many previous social networks Tent is not controlled by a single company. Rather, it is made up of many different service providers that all communicate with each other. Sign up for a free account at Tent.is, or even host your own server. Change service providers at any time and take your data and your network with you. Distributed is the future of social networking.
* iOS 6.0 or later
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* 1.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Bivy 1.0 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
Located in Saint Louis, MO, Ragfield LLC was founded in 2012 by Rob Raguet-Schofield, a veteran iOS and Mac programmer whose experience as a professional software developer predates Mac OS X. Rob has been a part of many high profile projects and has appeared on stage during WWDC keynotes and other sessions. All Material and Software (C) 2012 Ragfield LLC / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Tent is a trademark of Apollic Software, LLC.