Naperville, Illinois – Twocanoes Software today announces the arrival of Boot Runner, a new application for managing startup selection of dual-boot Macs. Boot Runner features a drop down menu bar for quick selection and detailed information for multiple boot Macs running OS X and Boot Camp. Boot Runner also provides a fully customizable startup screen where users may select and start operating systems. With custom backgrounds, scrolling text, popover text and more, Boot Runner’s Selection Screen can be tailored to any purpose.
Each Boot Runner setting can be managed via network policy using client management consoles.
* Startup control for Macs with multiple operating systems
* Highly-configurable startup screen
* Quickly and easily restart into Windows
* View detailed information on startup disks
* Manage startup behavior with network policies
* Integrates with existing client management tools
* Hide or show disks in startup screen
* Remotely select and restart volumes
* Show unmounted startup disks
* Custom background image, volume label and description
* Custom marquee scrolling text
* Track statistics on startup disk selection
* Available in English, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Chinese languages
Boot Runner requires OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), OS X 10.7 (Lion) or OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and a Boot Camp partition with Windows or other bootable partition(s) installed.
“We are thrilled to announce this new product”, said Twocanoes Software’s Timothy Perfitt. “Boot Runner takes startup control of multi-boot Macs to a new level.”
* Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
Pricing and availability:
Boot Runner is $9.95 (USD) for an Individual License, $349.00 for a Lab License and $699.00 for a Lab Plus Support and Maintenance license and are all available through the Twocanoes website. Site Licenses are also available. Review copies of Boot Runner are available on request.
Based in Naperville, Illinois, Twocanoes Software was founded by Timothy Perfitt in 2012 and is the home of acclaimed Winclone software. Focusing on iOS and OS X exclusively, Twocanoes provides customers with software to perform complex IT tasks with minimum effort. Copyright (C) 2012 Twocanoes Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.