Edinburgh, United Kingdom – Family-based, independent development studio, Vasoware are pleased to announce today the release of Shelly the Snail, their new children’s storybook app featuring the adventures of Shelly on his birthday. In this app, children will learn about common garden insects while listening to an exciting, rhyming story of discovery and friendship.
Built by a couple with the help of their daughter, this app is truly family-based and has been designed from the ground up to be child friendly. No in-app purchases or advertisements ensure that children stay within the app and enjoy the adventure.
* Vibrant illustrations and animation bring the story alive
* Cheery narration – Sit back and relax while you listen to the story
* A built-in mini-game for children to enjoy
* An exciting, rhyming story of discovery and friendship
* Child friendly – This app contains no advertisements, in-app purchases or outside links of any kind. When using this app, children stay in the app
* Sound effects, nature sounds and music absorb children into the story
* Educational ‘Bug Facts’ mode – Find out interesting facts behind each of the main characters in the story
* ‘Read to me’ and ‘Read myself’ modes – Great for babies, toddlers and children alike
* An app made by parents, for parents
“We wanted Shelly the Snail to be a high-quality, child-friendly application so that children can enjoy the story and learn interesting facts about each of the main characters,” commented Chris Saunders of the Vasoware development team. “Being parents ourselves, we strived to craft an app that we would be happy to give to our child while ensuring that it provided both entertainment and educational value.”
* iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.1 or later (iOS 5 tested)
* 20.7 MB
Pricing and availability:
Shelly the Snail 1.0 can be downloaded for $0.99 (limited time offer) and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Books category.
Located in Edinburgh, United Kingdom, Vasoware is a small, family-based independent development studio consisting of two designers, Chris and Jenny, along with their young daughter who play-tests each app before release. Established in 2010, Vasoware aims to produce high quality mobile applications for the whole family to enjoy. Copyright (C) 2010-2012 Vasoware. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.