San Francisco, California – Cocoatech has announced the release of Path Finder 6.0.9 for OS X 10.6, and 6.3 for OS X 10.7 and above, available as a free update to all licensed users. This update can be downloaded by clicking “Check for Updates” in the Path Finder menu.
Danny Saad, Cocoatech’s Marketing and Sales Director, said, “Our Snow Leopard update encompasses the past few iterations of the Lion/Mt.Lion versions, which implements all the cool new features and bug fixes that have been prevalent in the other version for quite a while now. The 6.3 update is minor compared to the SL update, but continues to show that we’re dedicated to constantly improve Path Finder through the feedback of our users.”
Change log for Version 6.3 on OS X 10.7 and 10.8:
1. Fix to file comparison tool selection.
2. Shared servers now show in the “Connect to Server” panel.
3. Able to select multiple files/folders using AppleScript (so far only selection of a single item was possible).
Change log for Version 6.0.9:
1. Fixed crash when re-sizing file operations progress window.
2. Fixed “Computer” Dock menu item.
3. Improvements of Spotlight search for tags, keywords and others.
4. Respects umask environment variable when creating new files and folders.
5. Added option to keep Dual Pane divider centered.
6. Added option to keep copied items in the Drop Stack until manually removed.
7. Improved compatibility with the third party applications Typinator and TextExpander.
8. Fixed “Use separate preview panes for dual browser” setting for some modules.
9. Fixed tab dragging animation on Retina MacBook Pro.
10. Fixed item selection after selecting “Reveal in Finder” action from other applications.
11. Fixed reserved key combinations in keyboard preferences.
12. Fixed a Bookmark Bar issue.
13. Fixed keyboard preferences for loaded plug-ins.
14. Fixed the positions of dragged items on the Desktop.
15. Fixed the desktop icon positions for new folder and new file.
16. Fixed selection of configured search locations in the Find window.
17. Fixed localization of items in the Sidebar.
18. Fixed blue desktop issue.
19. Fixed opening of some applications (previously being opened as text files).
20. Fixed some items in column view.
21. Fixed flicker when deleting items from network volumes.
22. Fixed label activation in contextual menu.
23. Fixed file size unit localization.
24. Fixed icon size slider for the icon view options.
25. Fixed slider behavior for icon view grid.
26. Fixed creation of aliases on the Desktop by holding cmd option while dragging Desktop items.
27. Fixed Desktop flicker when changing desktop view options.
28. Fixed Desktop flicker when switching graphics card.
29. Fixes to Default directories in module menu.
30. Able to set default view type for new windows and tabs.
31. “Applied to all” checkbox in the “Name Conflict” dialog is hidden for the last copied/moved item.
32. Path Finder informs user that PowerPC binaries are not supported.
33. “Home” main menu improvements.
34. Extended support for preview of text-based files in the Preview module.
35. “Compare” action added in Dual Pane mode.
36. File comparison-ready (user can choose own comparison tool).
37. Initial Croatian localization.
38. Calculate all sizes in list view for network volumes.
39. Dragging files from the Dock into Path Finder desktop trash now trashes them.
40. Improved Batch Re-namer loading and window positioning.
41. One batch renaming session at a time.
42. Correct behavior of the WebDAV remotes in Favorites (previously opened in text editor).
43. Redesigned “Connect to Server” panel.
44. StuffIt compression engine updated to the latest version.
45. Improved “All windows/This window only” view option behavior.
46. Folder file info (number of items) shown on non-HFS volumes.
47. Added “Last Opened” and “Added” dates in file info panels.
48. Added option to sort items by “Date Last Opened”.
49. Added “Application” and “Item Info” sorting menu items for the view list options.
50. Added confirmation for successful registration.
51. When Dual Pane divider is placed in the center, centered Dual Pane is automatically turned on. Turned off by moving divider manually.
52. Selection of multiple files/folders using AppleScript (so far only selection of a single item was possible).
53. Other minor tweaks for improved stability.
U.S. English, German, Spanish, French, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Croatian and Chinese
* 6.0.9 Mac OS X 10.6
* 6.3 – Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8
* Users on Snow Leopard or below can visit Cocoatech’s website for a complete list of available versions.
Pricing and Availability:
Path Finder 6 is available as a direct download from Cocoatech’s website for $39.95 (USD). A free, fully functional, 30-day trial version is also available for download. Owners of Path Finder 5 may upgrade to Path Finder 6 for only $19.95.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Cocoatech LLC is a privately funded software company founded in 2001 by Steve Gehrman. Steve has over 20 years as a software developer, and founded Cocoatech with the intention of bringing this experience to the Mac platform. He is aided and abetted by his wife, Miho. Customers will find no mondo-sized software teams or labyrinthine tech support process at Cocoatech – just smart, tasty programs and a friendly, human touch. Copyright 2008-2013 Cocoatech, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Finder are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.