San Francisco, California – Cocoatech today is proud to announce the release of Path Finder 6.1.2 for OS X, yet another free update to their multiple award-winning file browser and management application. Cocoatech’s developers have even furthered Path Finder’s reputation as the best file managing application with the release of 6.1.2, adding much-requested features and fixing bugs.
“We’ve been hard at work since the last release.” said Steve Gehrman, founder of Cocoatech and the main brains behind Path Finder. “We’re constantly looking for ways to improve upon the software, looking for ways that improve the functionality. Of course, most, if not all of that feedback comes directly from our users.”
Danny Saad, Cocoatech’s Marketing and Sales Director, commented “As long as users keep coming up with ways that will improve the software, we’re going to keep looking at ways to implement them. We work for our users, plain and simple. It’s our pleasure to be able to release this update, which has got our Beta testers raving already.” said Cocoatech’s Marketing and Sales Director, Danny Saad. “People really love the new dual-pane functionality.”
New Features/Bug fixes for 6.1.2 on OS X 10.7 and above:
* One key Dual Pane mode commands: copy, move, compress, decompress, swap
* Tab key changes window focus in Dual Pane mode
* Dual Pane mode command notifications
* Redesigned file operations popover window
* Fixed minor animation problems
* Added Lion-style Find bars in text preview and editor
* Notifications for completed file operations (Notification Center for OS X 10.8, Growl for earlier)
* Hi-res icons for Retina display
* Spotlight query limit increased
* Preferences Color Editor
* Fixed gitk running in the background
* Fixed capitalization in Batch re-name
* File checksum calculation and comparison
* Menu item keyboard shortcut editor fix
* Cover flow contextual menu fix
* Code clean-up
* Many other minor issues and bugs fixed
* U.S. English, German, Spanish, French, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Russian, Swedish, Portuguese, Norweigan and Chinese
* 6.1.2 – Mac OS X 10.7 or higher (Lion, Mountain Lion)
* Users on Snow Leopard or below can visit Cocoatech’s website for a complete list of available versions.
Pricing and Availability:
Path Finder 6 is available as a direct download from Cocoatech’s website for only $39.95 (USD). A free, fully functional, 30-day trial version is also available for download. Owners of Path Finder 5 may upgrade to Path Finder 6 for only $19.95.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Cocoatech LLC is a privately funded software company founded in 2001 by Steve Gehrman. Steve has over 20 years as a software developer, and founded Cocoatech with the intention of bringing this experience to the Mac platform. He is aided and abetted by his wife, Miho. Customers will find no mondo-sized software teams or labyrinthine tech support process at Cocoatech – just smart, tasty programs and a friendly, human touch. Copyright 2008-2012 Cocoatech, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Finder are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.