Brisbane, Australia – Efecto today is proud to announce Convertible 1.5 for iOS, offering further refinements to the popular unit conversion app that offers a unique approach to converting between various unit types. Convertible has been heralded as the most entertaining unit converter in the app store today offering a mix of both fun and functional in a unique and attractive interface.
The update adds Chinese and Japanese units of length, volume and area as well as Facebook and text message sharing of results. Other improvements in the update include three new themes and numerous bug fixes and interface improvements.
Convertible differentiates itself from other unit conversion apps with its simple to use interface and its extensive range of both standard and unusual conversion units. Convertible’s unique aspect comes from its ability to present arbitrary data in a real world context. For example:
* Comparing a building’s floor area with parking spaces, tennis courts, or Manhattan city blocks
* Comparing large distances with familiar object lengths such as the length of US Interstate 90, the Nile River, or the Earth to the Moon
* Measuring mass of an object with everyday objects such as AA Batteries, Apples, or iPhones
* Beautifully designed, intuitive interface with a unique stye of navigation
* Categorized conversion units allowing quick access to specific conversion types
* Extremely large and small measurements handled with ease (e.g. how many protons to the mass of the Sun)
* Wide range of units available to convert to and from, everything from atomic to galactic in scale
* 159 international currency conversions categorized by geographic region with up to date lookup of latest indexes
* A selection of internationally inspired themes
* Conversion sharing via clipboard, email, text message, Twitter and Facebook
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 2.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Convertible 1.5 is $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Based in Brisbane, Australia, Efecto Pty Ltd was founded by Douglas Buchanan who has worked in software design and development since the late 80’s. Efecto Pty Ltd (formerly Efecto) has been providing commercial grade software solutions since 1999. In recent years Efecto has focused on web and mobile application development including iOS apps. Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Efecto Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.