Los Angeles, California – Sometimes less is truly more, and in the case of the VOX audio player, that was true as millions of Mac fans adopted the flexible OS X multimedia app with the sleek minimalist design and gorgeous sound output. However, because VOX was developed as a personal side project, it never reached its full potential. Today, Coppertino, an award-winning developer of OS X software, announced that VOX 0.96 is now open for public beta registration. Coppertino is offering all Mac users the opportunity to be the first to try out the updated version of Vox, and to help shape the dynamic audio player before it is released to the masses.
Originally released to great promise by Italian student Alessio Nonni, the VOX OS X audio player was quickly adopted by millions of Mac users thanks to its easy-to-use design and ability to handle an extremely wide variety of formats, including FLAC, MP3, AAC, Musepack, Monkey’s Audio, OGG Vorbis, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV, IT, MOD, XM and others.
Now, backed with a new user interface and powerful BASS engine, VOX 0.96 is a robust audio player for OS X devices that delivers high-quality sound within a minimalistic and intuitive design framework. VOX 0.96 includes a wide range of updated features and customization options:
* Easy iTunes integration – VOX 0.96 reads your library as a music source but does not otherwise affect it
* VOX 0.96 supports literally any source your Mac can access. Add music from external HDDs, network drives and VPN-connected storages
* Supports multiple output devices using AirPort
* Built-in equalizer with a variety of presets and adjustments
* Transforms ordinary stereo source into 7.1 or 5.1 channel output
* Bauer Stereo feature provides more realistic sound when listening to stereo music through headphones
* Your music automatically pauses when your headphones are disconnected
* Handy controls available from OS X main menu and VOX Dock icon
* Full OS X gesture support including altering playlist height, switching music sources or adjusting volume
“We have been fans of the VOX audio player precisely because of its simple approach to design and use, and its ability to handle almost any audio file,” said Ivan Ablamsky, Founder of Coppertino. “We are eager to work with the Mac community to see that VOX reaches its full potential.”
Established in 2010 and headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, Coppertino is an award-winning, independent development studio of Mac and iOS products. The company’s initial offerings included Wallpaper Wizard and Focus for OS X, and Forismatic for Windows, Mac and iOS. More information can be found at Coppertino online or follow them on Twitter @Coppertino. Copyright (C) 2013 Coppertino. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.