Denver, Colorado – St. Clair Software is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Default Folder X 4.5. This release brings smarter and faster performance, an enhanced user experience, and compatibility fixes to its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs. Honored with Macworld Magazine’s Editors’ Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility, Default Folder X makes Open and Save dialogs “work the way they should.”
Default Folder X’s custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What’s New in Default Folder X 4.5:
* Default Folder X is now fully compatible with Mac OS 10.8.2 and iCloud
* Its user interface has been enhanced to look clear and crisp on Retina displays
* Default Folder X now makes your Open and Save dialogs automatically display the last folder you used. This addresses a common complaint in Mac OS 10.7 and 10.8, which often default to seemingly random folders or direct you to iCloud
* There is a new AppleScript verb, GetSaveName, allowing AppleScripts to both get and set the name of the file in a Save As dialog
* The applications MailTab for Gmail, MailTab Pro, Concentrate and SnapNDrag are now supported
* A number of bugs and compatibility issues have been addressed
St. Clair Software recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.5 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It is $14.95 (USD) for users who bought licenses before June 1, 2007, and costs $34.95 for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
St. Clair Software, based in Blacksburg, VA, is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, P.O. Box 10184, Blacksburg, VA 24062-0184, USA.