Pasadena, California – Introducing Crash, a new location-based attraction discovery app and website where users can find 1,000s of unique and curated tourist attractions. Crash singles out the wild, the wonderful and the just plain weird “photo-worthy” locations around you and features off the beaten path locations including hidden waterfalls, nine giant donuts (and one bagel), and hundreds of cool film locations like Elliot’s house from E.T. and the Kill Bill chapel.
“Think of Crash as Yelp, meets Foursquare, meets Instagram – with a touch of Roadside America – all around photo-worthy tourist attractions,” said Erick Laubach, CEO of Crashworks, Inc. Crash lets anyone be their own tour guide and explore the attractions which make a city unique – places like amazing street art projects by the likes of Banksy and Shepard Fairey and museums you never knew existed (McDonald’s Museum, anyone?).”
Discover or Be the Discoverer:
When visiting a Crash attraction, users can “check in” and post additional photos and comments to rack up points and compete with their friends to turn a city into their personalized game board. Those with the most overall points will rule the leaderboard! For locals, Crash lets users add cool and unique spots that only they may know about, earning them credit (and the glory) of being the “discoverer.”
Additional Crash’s Current Features Include:
* Discover 1,000s of unique and curated tourist attractions close to you
* Toggle between list, photo, and map view for easy exploring
* Filter by tags to find that perfect location
* Save attractions and add them to a “to-do” list
* Add new attractions, photos, and comments to document your discoveries
* Browse photos and read original content
* Follow friends and see what attractions they’ve explored
* Earn points and rule the leaderboard
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3/4/5 Gen) and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 11.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Crash City Guides 1.0.2 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Travel category.
Crash is a product of Crashworks, Inc., a new travel start-up currently being incubated at Idealab. Crash city guides are currently available for Austin, Hawaii, Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco with more cities being added soon. For more information, visit Crashworks online. Copyright (C) 2013 Crashworks, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.