Edenbridge, Kent, United Kingdom – Paul Gee has announced that from Saturday March 16th to 23rd all profits from the Doctor Who iPhone news app WhoNews with be donated to Compaid, the leading charity providing services to disabled people in the South East of England. WhoNews is a multi platform app which collates the latest news on Doctor Who from over 140 of the top Doctor Who websites, blogs, podcasts and artists every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day.
Paul Gee said, “Following last year’s successful fund raising for charity, I’ve decided to run the event again and have chosen Compaid, the leading charity providing services to disabled people in the South East of England. For over 25 years Compaid have been supporting thousands of people to achieve their aspirations and get more out of life. Through computer skills training, accessible transport, and work experience opportunities, Compaid is providing disabled people with a springboard to realise their talents and abilities.
I am donating 100% of the profits from the sale of WhoNews for a week from the 16th to 23rd March, to coincide with the Big Blue Box 2, the popular one day convention (16th March) for fans of Doctor Who which rematerialises at Trinity Theatre, Tunbridge Wells, Kent to mark the 50th anniversary of everyone’s favourite time traveller. All proceeds from the event will go to Compaid.
The event will include panel discussions with audience Q&As, a live debate, charity auction, special screenings, signings and stalls.”
Stephen Elsden, Chief Executive of Compaid, said,”Compaid is delighted to be receiving this support from Paul Gee and his WhoNews app. The money raised from this campaign will help to train many disabled people in computer skills, not least how to access apps and tablet technology to improve their daily lives.”
For more details on Compaid and for details of the Big Blue Box 2 convention visit http://www.compaid.org.uk/get-involved/big-blue-box-2/
Just by purchasing WhoNews on an iPhone, iPad or iPod, Android or BlackBerry during the week you will be supporting Compaid, so everybody can make a donation and keep in touch with the latest news on Doctor Who in return.
WhoNews keeps the fans up to speed with latest news on the Doctor’s adventures in time and space. With WhoNews the user is guaranteed to know the latest news and gossip on the world’s oldest science fiction TV series. WhoNews checks the top news sites including Kasterborous (http://www.kasterborous.com) and the hugely popular DT Forum for David Tennant fan news (http://www.dt-forum.com) every 15 minutes for new articles.
Features for version 2.10 on iPhone/iPad include:
* One universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch buy once and use on all your devices
* Full iPad mode – WhoNews takes advantage of the full screen of the iPad for an enhanced browsing experience
* Most recent news view – time ordered news from over 120 websites including news, blogs, podcasts and special content
* Push notifications of the latest news
* Off-line browsing – read the latest news at your leisure
* Super fast search of all news articles by using a keyword or phrase
* News is downloaded in bulk from over 140 sites. A resilient server compiles the latest news every 15 minutes ready to be downloaded by WhoNews
* Bookmark your favourite news for rapid access
* Email and post articles or DVDs, Games, Books, CDs on Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader, Delicious, Tumbler, Pinboard, Read It Later
* Merchandise Search, the cheapest Doctor Who, Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures DVD/Blu ray prices in the UK & US from all your favourite internet stores
* Search for Doctor Who/Torchwood/SJA Games, Books and CDs using the built-in price comparison engine. Order by release date, search on actor
* Over 30 UK retailers compared including Amazon, Tesco, Zavvi, The Hut, SendIt, LoveFilm, Asda, Woolworths, HMV, Play, BBC Shop, DVD Source, MovieMail, Game, Waterstones, Book Depository, Game Station, Foyles plus many more
* US price comparison from Amazon US, Betam Online, Deep Discount, DVD Magnet, CD Universe, Music Import, DVD Empire and Yes Asia
* Use the in-built browser to visit a news site or buy a DVD, Games, CDs and Books direct
* iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 5.0 or later
* 1.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WhoNews 2.10 is only $1.99 (USD) or 1.49(GBP) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the News categories. For more information visit their website, or follow on twitter @Who_News.
Located in Cowden, Kent, Paul Gee has over 20 years experience developing software for a range of mobile platforms and is a full-time software engineer. After winning the HotUKDeals 2009 iPhone programming competition he embarked on combining his love of Doctor Who with his talent for software development. Before turning his skills on developing applications for the iPhone and iPod touch he spent over 12 years working for a top research and development defence company, designing and build cutting edge wearable computing solutions for the armed forces. Copyright (C) 2013 Paul Gee. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.