San Francisco, California – BinaryFruit is pleased to announce the immediate availability of DriveDx 1.2, its latest solution for SSD and HDD health diagnostics and monitoring. As Mac OS X does not have a comprehensive drive health indicator, DriveDx fills a critical roll in measuring the overall health of both SSD and HDD drives. Because DriveDx tracks more indicators of impending failure than any other product on the market, users will get advanced warning before their drives fail. This will allow them to take action to avert the failure, and save themselves from resulting data loss and downtime.
Unlike many other drive health diagnostics utilities that simply check built-in S.M.A.R.T. status, DriveDx performs overall drive health diagnostics using drive health indicators (like SSD wear out / endurance, reallocated bad sectors, offline bad sectors, pending sectors, I/O errors, and more) that most closely correlate with drive failures according to the statistics reported in the latest researches focused on identifying drive failure trends. This gives a user a comprehensive picture of a current drive health status and enables foreseeing potential problems with drive failure and loss of sensitive data. Moreover, DriveDx shows this information on a user-friendly Mac-style interface in an easy-to-understand format.
“Here’s a DriveDx triumph. DriveDx showed my just out of AppleCare iMac with two pre-fail conditions for the hard drive. Made appointment and took it to Genius Bar yesterday. Tech looked at DriveDx and was very impressed. Even though out of warranty – they replaced the drive without question,” said Michael Sidoric, Vice President of CapMac. “God knows how many dollars and troubles DriveDx saved me since I had several vital FinalCut projects on it.”
DriveDx is a combined drive health analysis and forecasting tool. It monitors and analyzes changes to S.M.A.R.T. attributes in order to continuously evaluate drive health status and predict drive failures. In addition to “Failed” and “OK” drive statutes DriveDx supports “Warning” and “Failing” statuses indicating that a drive is in a pre-failure status and backup of sensitive data is highly recommended.
DriveDx performs both SSD and HDD health diagnostics. Moreover, it uses a separate set of indicators for SSD and HDD to monitor drive health status. This is particularly important as SSD works different from HDD, and requires a different algorithm to check its health status. Also, SDDs typically are more dependent on firmware than HDDs, and DriveDx has been programmed to support many versions of firmware (please see our website for a complete list of supported firmware).
DriveDx allows configuring the delivery of customized drive status reports by e-mail and therefore does not require user presence to inform about drive status changes. In addition DriveDx can launch built-in drive diagnostics self-tests. Drive self-tests will help to quickly identify if the drive is faulty.
What’s New in DriveDx 1.2.0:
* Improved SSD/HDD health diagnostic algorithms
* Interactive hints and descriptions for all health indicators (SMART attributes)
* Improved support of Crucial M500 SSDs
* Improved support of Intel 320 and 520 Series SSDs
* Added support of SanDisk Ultra Plus and Extreme II SSDs
* Added support of ADATA Premier (Pro) SSDs
* Added support of Kingston KC300 SSDNow and V200 SSDs
* Added support of Intel 335 Series and DC S3500 SSDs
* Added support of Micron RealSSD P400 SSDs
* Added support of Plextor M5 (Pro) Series SSDs
* Added support of OCZ Vertex 450 SSDs
DriveDx feature highlights:
* Support of modern SSDs and HDDs
* SSD lifetime left indicator
* Different routines for SSD and HDD health evaluation
* Real-time SSD & HDD health status monitoring
* User friendly and intuitive UI
* Multi-tier warning system that will inform the user about deviations from the normal state of drive attributes
* Drive overall health rating
* Drive overall performance rating (if drive supports this subset of indicators)
* I/O errors monitoring
* Drive free space monitoring
* Support of drive short and full (extended) self-tests
* Sending a warning whenever a problem with a Firmware exists
* Saving detailed drive status reports to a file
* Warning a user with pop-up notifications about errors and failures
* Displaying drive status on a status bar
* Runs natively on Mac OS X
* Mac OS X 10.6 or newer
Pricing and Availability – DriveDx 1.2 has 4 types of licenses that are currently being offered on promotion:
* Personal License – $19.99 (USD)
* Family License – $39.99
* Business License – $24.99
* IT-Consultant License – $49.99
DriveDx can be purchased from the BinaryFruit website or through the Mac App Store (Personal license only). A fully functional 10-day trial version is available for download at our website. Review copies are available upon request.
BinaryFruit is a team of creative IT professionals developing the most comprehensive and user-friendly Mac OS X tools and solutions. We make fruitful software! Copyright (C) 2013 BinaryFruit. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.