San Francisco, California – Embark, the award-winning mobile mass transit app, today announced its free mobile public transit apps have eclipsed 40 million trips routed, including 1.3 million trips and 100,000 downloads since iOS 6 launched. Embark delivers the most accurate, step-by-step directions tailored to specific metropolitan regions, giving riders the fastest routes to their destinations. Its public transit apps also integrate closely with the new Apple Maps and are a compelling example of how Apple is empowering its mobile app developers.
Embark is one of the fastest growing mobile transit applications and is poised to service every major U.S. metropolitan area. Embark is now adding thousands of users per day and routing nearly 4 million trips per month across 12 public transit systems, including the New York area, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Boston, and London. Since January 2012, Embark has added 1 million new downloads across its mobile transit apps. Embark also won best transit and mobility app awards from the New York MTA App Quest and NYC Big Apps 3.0 contests, respectively, the latter presented by Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Mass transit riders use Embark because it’s the easiest, most accurate, and fastest way to help them get around. Unlike Google Transit, Embark works both above and underground and automatically alerts riders about any delays to provide the best and fastest routes to their destinations.
Available on the iPhone 5, iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 3GS and Android mobile devices, the key features and benefits of Embark are:
* Tailored Trips – Embark delivers the most detailed step-by-step directions tailored to specific regions, giving riders the best and fastest route to their destination.
* Anywhere, Anytime – Embark works above and underground so riders can quickly plan trips anywhere, anytime.
* Interactive Maps – Embark users simply tap a map or type a station, landmark or address location to instantly receive detailed, accurate trip routes.
* Shareable Trips – Users can share their trips via email, text message, or Twitter to coordinate plans with friends and family more easily.
* Push advisories – Embark automatically alerts riders about any delays along their trips so they can plan accordingly.
“We believe it should be easy to get around big cities in the age of the smartphone,” said Embark CEO David Hodge. “With our support for iOS 6, iPhone 5, and the new Apple Maps, we’re making sure transit riders always have access to the information that they need to get where they want to go.”
* 3/4/5 Gen iPhone, iPad, or 3/4/5 Gen iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 16.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Embark NYC Subway New York City 1.5 is free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Navigation category. Other Embark app are also available in the App Store.
Embark is the easiest way to get step-by-step directions for mass transit on mobile devices. Available on iPhone 5, iPhone 4 / 4S, iPhone 3GS, and Android mobile devices, Embark provides the most accurate, detailed and fastest trip routes for mass transit riders. Embark works both above and underground and automatically alerts riders about any delays so riders can get to their destinations as quickly as possible. Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Embark is funded by Y Combinator and Start Fund (led by Yuri Milner and Ron Conway) and John Hering, CEO of Lookout, a smartphone security company. For more information, visit the Embark website. Copyright (C) 2012 Embark. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.