Edenbridge, United Kingdom – Independent developer Paul Gee today is proud to announce version 1.0.2 of EyeStalk for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. EyeStalk is a Whovian’s dream come true transforming any iOS device equipped with a camera into the EyeStalk of the Doctor’s deadliest enemy. Using image processing EyeStalk can process any image/video and apply one of five styles, ranging from 1960’s black and white to the latest Paradigm vision system. A live overlay gives a preview of the processed image to line up the perfect shot or capture the perfect video.
Simple on-screen controls allow full control of the camera’s flash mode, the option to switch between rear and front cameras (where available), access to the iOS photo library to view photos/videos taken or apply effects to previously taken photos/video using the iOS camera app or EyeStalk itself. The ability to swipe left or right to change camera effect allows the user to quickly switch EyeStalk mode.
Version 1.0.2 adds a new Destiny effect.
EyeStalk is creation of the developer behind the top rated Doctor Who news app WhoNews. EyeStalk features include:
* Take photos/videos direct from EyeStalk or choose pictures from photo library
* Change styles by swiping left and right
* Use front and rear cameras, control the flash direct from EyeStalk.
* Share images direct to Facebook, Twitter, Flicker, Evernote, email, SMS/iMessage
* Live image preview overlaid with chosen image style
Four photo styles based on the TV series imagery:
* Power/Mk3 – Black and White with 1960’s style scan lines
* Victory – Blue monochrome with clear centre and blurred hex regions
* Doomsday – Blue monochrome with bump distortion in centre and blurred hex regions
* Paradigm – Light blue monochrome with bump distortion centre and overlaid sight
* Destiny – Red monochrome with grey concentric circles
* New video mode. Capture video and audio using EyeStalk and then apply selected effect to your movie
* Choose between HD video and normal video on devices with HD camera. Capture video at 640 x 480 or 1280 x 720
* Accurate video rendering estimates for processing video. Processing at HD can take a long time 2 minutes for 1 second of video.
* Now a universal app, with full screen dedicated iPad mode
* Capture images and video in raw mode and apply effects later. EyeStalk will save raw photos/video direct to the photo library – This allows you to apply different EyeStalk effects to the same photo or video
* Doomsday and Victory effect faster to apply. Background blurring of images now 200% quicker
* iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPhone 4S
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 18.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
EyeStalk 1.0.2 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video categories.
Located in Cowden, Kent, Paul Gee has over 20 years experience developing software for a range of mobile platforms and is a full-time software engineer. After winning the HotUKDeals 2009 iPhone programming competition he embarked on combining his love of Doctor Who with his talent for software development and produced WhoNews. Before turning his skills on developing applications for the iPhone and iPod touch he spent over 12 years working for a top research and development defence company, designing and build cutting edge wearable computing solutions for the armed forces. Copyright (C) 2012 Paul Gee. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.