Alpharetta, Georgia – Asgard Studios, a father and son indie game studio, today is pleased to announce that Wizard’s Castle 1.1 for iPhone 4/4s, their match and remove game for all ages is now Free to Play. The player enters the castle to find that the friendly Wizard has cast a spell and colored, magic balls are raining down from the ceiling. The goal of the game is to prevent the room from filling up with balls during each three minute round. Players match and remove balls by touching or swiping groups of two or more balls of the same color. While manageable at the lowest levels, the game quickly presents a difficult challenge to both hand-eye coordination and finding a winning strategy. Completing a level unlocks the next. Wizard’s Castle features eight levels of play and Game Center leaderboards and achievements.
In addition to locating groups of still and moving balls of the same color and preventing the room from becoming completely filled, in some levels magic gems also drop from the ceiling.
* Gems with coins cause the player’s score to go up 10,000 points or down 1,000 points
* Gems with lightening bolts remove all of the magic balls that are the same color as the magic gem
* Gems with floating balls cause many extra balls to drop from the ceiling
* Gems with flames are bombs that destroy many nearby magic balls
* Gems with a stone pattern cause stone balls to drop from the ceiling, which can only be removed by the bomb magic gems
* Gems with the infinity symbol slow down time and make the magic balls drop very slowly from the ceiling
Wizard’s Castle is highly re-playable because the colored magic balls always fall and bounce differently. Players may earn up to three stars for each level depending on their score, and may replay any level to reach the maximum of three stars. Current Score, High Score, Level, and Time Remaining are continuously displayed at the top of the portrait mode screen. Wizard’s Castle has been featured on the Daily App Show, on Apple’s iTunes App Store What’s Hot for Strategy Games, on Apple’s iTunes App Store New and Noteworthy Strategy Games and New and Noteworthy Puzzle Games sections. Asgard Studios’s other game, Wizard’s Castle HD for the iPad 2 was recently featured on the Daily App Show – Everything Edition and Apple’s iTunes App Store New and Noteworthy Strategy Games section for iPad in the U.S. and Australia.
* Extremely challenging but simple game for players of all ages
* Touching groups of two or more balls of the same color removes them
* Prevent the room from filling up with magic balls for a full three minutes to move to the next level
* Magic gems also may fall from the ceiling
* Magic gems can have extraordinary powers that may help or harm players
* Every game is different, as balls fall in a random way from the ceiling
* Retina display support
“Wizard’s Castle was created in Unity 3 using C# scripts. My son Raymond designed all of the gameplay and the levels. I did all of the programming, and Jeff Bucchino, a local cartoonist, did the 2D art work,” stated developer Randy Herring. “From the time we began work on the project until the day we submitted the iPad 2 game to the App Store was one year almost to the day. In addition to Unity, we made use of several add-ins.”
* Compatible with iPhone 4/4s, iPod touch (4th generation)
* iOS 4.2 or later
* 33 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Wizard’s Castle 1.1 is Free and available worldwide through the App Store in the Games category. Wizard’s Castle 1.1 HD for iPad is $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Games category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Asgard Studios is an indie game developer made up of a father and son team, Randy and Raymond Herring. Wizard’s Castle HD was their first game release. Randy Herring is the programmer with over 30 years of software development experience. Raymond Herring is the game designer and 3D artist with 7 years of digital art experience. Their goal is to create wonderful games for all ages. Copyright (C) 2012 Asgard Studios. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.