Boston, Massachusetts – Noise Industries, developer of visual effects tools for the post-production and broadcast markets, introduces Luminaire by SUGARfx, available now in FxFactory. Luminaire is a set of six matte-controllable and completely customizable lighting effect plugins, developed exclusively for Final Cut Pro(R) X. Editors can simply drag and drop the desired Luminaire filter onto a video clip and customize effects for a unique look. Offering a wide variety of easy to understand parameters and the interactive On Screen Controls (OSC), Luminaire makes adding special lighting effects simple.
The Luminaire Effects Suite Includes the Following Filters:
* Dazzle Rays: A shine effect that uses a processed version of the image as a matte, as well as a circular or square shape matte to control how the effect is applied back onto the footage
* Glow Matte: A creative way to add glows to footage depending on the luminance matte processed from the footage
* Highlights: A glint generator that uses a matte extracted from the lighter sections of the footage; the highlights can be manipulated using the OSC and other parameters
* Light Sweep: A sweep of light that animates automatically in any given direction; animations can be fine-tuned to the tee
* Matte Sweep: A manual sweep of light that can optionally use a luminance matte extracted from the footage as a method of application
* Twinkle: An animated glint that behaves like an intermittent source of lights coming from the brightest parts of the image, thanks to a generated noise matte that can be easily manipulated
About SUGARfx Founder Ricardo Silva:
SUGARfx founder and broadcast designer Ricardo Silva has worked with an assortment of well-known entertainment giants including National Geographic, Discovery Channel, Telemundo, NBC, Univision, TLC, and Fox Sports International, and holds two Emmy(R)-nominations from 2001 and 2008 for “Outstanding Main Title Design” by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (ATAS).
Pricing and Availability:
SUGARfx Luminaire is available now through FxFactory for just $29.00 USD. For more info, visit Noise Industries online.
Established in 2004, Boston, Massachusetts-based Noise Industries is an innovative developer of visual effects tools for the post-production and broadcast community. Their products are integrated with popular non-linear editing and compositing products from Apple and Adobe. Copyright (C) 2013 Noise Industries. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.