San Jose, California – Insider Software today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of FontAgent Pro 6.1 for Macintosh, an update to its professional font manager, which delivers support for Mac OS 10.9 Mavericks and extended functionality for importing TrueType Collections. The new release also supports Insider’s line of font server products, including FontAgent Pro TeamServer, Enterprise Server and CloudServer.
The new release improves support for TrueType Collections, dozens of which are included in Apple’s new Mavericks OS. FontAgent Pro 6.1 breaks TrueType collections down to the style level, enabling users to activate only font styles they need, thus streamlining workflow, conserving system resources, and keeping font menus tidy.
FontAgent Pro 6.1 for Macintosh continues Insider’s leadership in professional font management with powerful features for testing, diagnosing, selecting and managing font collections and streamlining creative workflow, including:
* Workflow Center where automation scripts can be organized, launched and updated automatically
* Adobe Creative Suite and Cloud auto-activation plug-ins for InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and InCopy
* Smasher 3 software that provides automatic font, print and application cache maintenance
* 1350+ downloadable, verified, print and web fonts
* Keyword-search engine for finding local and Internet fonts simultaneously
* Fastest font validation and activation engine in the industry
About FontAgent Pro:
FontAgent Pro provides a complete font management system that integrates diagnostics, repair, font selection, font book creation, and design tools in a single powerful, yet simple application for creative professionals. It is the only product to offer such features as multiple font libraries, a customizable user interface, live font search, WYSIWYG font viewing, and a Font Player that displays glyphs and text strings in a slide show for interactive font selection and one-click specimen sheet creation.
FontAgent Pro is available in a Standard Edition for standalone users; a Workgroup Edition that shares fonts among users without requiring a server; and a Connected Edition that connects to FontAgent Pro Server solutions to provide maximum font consistency and control while streamlining creative workflow across the enterprise.
FontAgent Pro 6.1 for Mac includes support for:
* Mac OS X 10.6 or later (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
* All Mac OS X font formats: Open Type, Type 1, dfont, Mac and Windows TrueType and Collections
* Local and networked home directories
* Connecting to FontAgent Pro Server 5, TeamServer and CloudServer (server license required)
Pricing, Availability and Upgrades:
FontAgent Pro 6.1 for Mac is free to all licensed users of FontAgent Pro 6 and FontAgent Pro CloudServer customers. FontAgent Pro 4 and 5 Standard Edition users can upgrade in the Insider online store for $49.95 (USD). Quantity discounts and cross-grades from competitive products are available. The new release is available for immediate download from the Insider website and comes with a thirty-day, money-back satisfaction guarantee. It is also available from resellers worldwide including PC Mall, PC Connection, SHI, Zones, Insight and Amazon. To learn more, visit Insider Software online or contact Insider at 866-366-8778 or +1-408-871-9933.
Insider Software creates software that streamlines the creative process, including FontAgent Pro and FontAgent Pro Server. FontAgent is a registered trademark, and FontAgent Pro, Insider, FontSavant, MagicMatch and the Insider logo are trademarks of Insider Software. Other products mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners.