Sammamish, Washington – Juicy Bits, makers of the 5-star award-winning Halftone app, today is thrilled to announce that the sequel, Halftone 2, is now available for free on the App Store. Halftone 2 is like a personal comic book artist who can put words in friends’ mouths and thoughts in their heads. The iPad app makes it easy to create comics with multiple page layouts, add stylish captions, customize text with professionally designed fonts, add WHAMS, BAMS, and POWS, and share the results on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Dropbox, and more. Halftone 2 is free to try with additional graphics, fonts, and tools available from the in-app store.
“The original Halftone was an unexpected hit that enabled users to go beyond simple photo filter apps, but it was limited to a single photo,” says Mike Swanson, Founder of Juicy Bits. “By far the most common request has been the ability to add more than one photo to a single page. With Halftone 2, not only have we added multi-photo page layouts, but we’ve included multi-page support so that users can create their own books.”
Halftone 2 introduces many other technical innovations, including caption and balloon shapes that are randomly generated to make them look as if they were drawn by hand. In addition, Halftone 2 intelligently redraws each shape to accommodate its text, like a professional illustrator would.
Other features of Halftone 2:
* A video guide that introduces basic concepts
* Customizable captions and balloons
* Stamps like WHAM, BAM, and POW that have been created by Comicraft for Halftone 2
* Configurable page layouts and background textures
* An in-app store for additional graphics, fonts, and tools
* An enhanced image picker to open photos directly from Facebook, Flickr, and Instagram
* Undo and redo support for risk-free exploration
* Comprehensive photo editing tools from Aviary that include automatic enhancements, filter effects, brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, redeye, whiten, blemish, and selective focus
* Direct sharing via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Dropbox, and AirPrint-enabled printers
The original Halftone was named by Apple as one of the best Photo apps of 2011, it was a Starbucks Pick of the Week in 2012, and it has been downloaded by over 2 million users. Swanson adds: “The original Halftone, a Universal app that runs on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, will remain in the App Store for people who prefer the simplicity of working with a single photo and for customers who don’t own an iPad.”
* iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad, iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular
* iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 48.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Halftone 2 (v1.0) is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. Additional graphics, fonts, and tools are available via in-app purchase.
Founded in 2009, Juicy Bits is a small company that produces unique, freshly squeezed software for mobile devices. Their first release, 3D Camera, earned 4 1/2 mice (out of 5) from Macworld and is frequently among the top photography apps worldwide. Their Layout app was named by Apple as one of the best photo apps of 2012, and Halftone, with over two million user downloads, was named by Apple as one of the best photo apps as part of App Store Rewind 2011. The original Halftone app consistently earns a 4 1/2 star rating in the App Store. Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Juicy Bits. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.