London, United Kingdom – Digital Heaven today is proud to announce the release of Happy Scales, an iOS app that tracks weight loss in a unique, fun and motivational way. The concept behind Happy Scales is simple – the user’s progress is indicated with a happy or sad face magnet on the front of a refrigerator door.
“There are many weight tracking apps on the market but they tend to overwhelm the user with data and graphs.” said Martin Baker, Founder of Digital Heaven. “We wanted to do something different with Happy Scales and make the whole experience far more fun and rewarding.”
Simple on the outside, clever on the inside:
Natural daily fluctuations in weight can make it difficult for users to gain any meaningful perspective on their progress. Happy Scales analyses their overall trend, smoothing out ‘lumps and bumps’ to give a clearer indication of whether they are on track to reach their target, and can even show an estimated date.
A little motivation goes a long way:
In addition to tracking progress, Happy Scales displays a photo on the main screen to keep users focused on their goal – maybe to slim down for the beach or look good in a favourite outfit. The user can choose from 12 included photos, their own photo library or take a new photo directly inside the app. From time to time users may also see messages, congratulating them on their progress or encouraging them towards their target weight.
* Works with any diet or weight loss plan
* Displays an estimated date for reaching the target weight based on recent progress
* Progress bar and total lost display shows how well the user is doing
* No boring graphs! User can view recent history by swiping right to see the faces for past five entries
* User can choose a motivational photo from the 12 included photos, use a photo from their library or take a new photo
* Motivational messages encourage the user towards their goal
* Optional passcode lock to stop those prying eyes
* Supports pounds, kilograms or stones/pounds units
* Also supports weight gain plans
* Pink or blue display colors
* Optional sounds
* iPhone, iPod touch
* iPad (runs in compatibility mode)
* iOS 4.2 (or later)
Pricing and Availability:
Happy Scales 1.0 is now available worldwide in the App Store at an introductory price of just $0.99 USD (and equivalent international currencies) in the Health & Fitness category.
Digital Heaven was founded in 2000 as a broadcast post production facility in London UK. In 2003, the company moved into designing, developing and marketing Mac plug-ins and apps for Apple Final Cut Pro and Motion and is well-known within the user community. In total, 20 Final Cut Plug-ins, 6 Final Cut Effects, 6 applications and 2 eBooks have been added to the product range. Happy Scales is Digital Heaven’s first app for iOS. Copyright (C) 2012 Digital Heaven. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.