Freienbach, Switzerland – JustKidsApps is pleased to announce that ‘Heidi on the alp’ – the first part in the Heidi app series – is Free until September 21st to celebrate the recent update of the three Heidi apps as well as the release of the new 3 in 1 Heidi story collection. The Heidi apps are fun interactive storybooks true to the original by Johanna Spyri, with lots of educational and just-for-fun Bits and Bobs.
Last year, JustKidsApps brought Heidi to the iPad. This year they decided to completely update the apps – only the beautiful and unique illustrations by Diana Kizlauskas have remained the same. In addition, the Heidi Story Collection was created – an app that combines all 3 apps in one.
“I wanted the apps to be true to the story, good value for money, educational and, extremely important, fun for children,” says Katrin Draemann Barothy, founder and owner at JustKidsApps. “I felt we delivered that last year but that we could do even better, so I decided we would update the apps from scratch.”
Katrin asked Deanne Shoyer, a blogger and app reviewer, to help her write a new version of the abridged text. “My mother had given me her copy of Heidi when I was a child and I have loved it ever since, so I jumped at the chance to work on this project with Katrin,” says Deanne, “we set out to create a version of the story that preserved the themes and characters we both loved but that would also make it interesting and appealing to new readers all over the globe.”
The apps now contain the following:
* Two versions of the story. The first is told from Heidi’s viewpoint and the text is highlighted when read to support the development of younger children’s reading skills
* The second version is longer but also narrated which, together with the illustrations and other extras, is specifically designed to encourage reluctant older readers
* English, German and Swiss-German versions of both stories
* Characters voiced by professional actors
* Interactive elements on every page so children can hear what marmots, goats and birds of prey sound like, for example
* Quizzes so parents and teachers can check reading comprehension
* Information about where Heidi lived as well fun facts about Switzerland
Since the update the apps have been featured in the Swiss iTunes store where the Heidi Story Collection is currently on rank 1 in the iPad paid books category, and the feedback received worldwide has been excellent.
* Compatible with the iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 104 MB
Pricing and Availability:
All the Heidi apps are available worldwide exclusively through the Apple App Store in the Books category, at special introductory prices until September 21st, 2012: The Heidi Story Collection (3 apps in 1) is $2.99 (regularly $8.99). Heidi on the Alp (Part 1) is Free. Heidi in Frankfurt (Part 2) is $1.99 (regularly $4.99), and Heidi and Klara (Part 3) is $1.99 (regularly $4.99).
Based in Freienbach, Switzerland, JustKidsApps is a small, independent developer of digital children’s books for iPad. JustKidsApps takes the children’s privacy seriously: none of their apps includes analytics, any kind of tracking, social network features, ads or In-App-Purchases, and they do not collect personal information. JustKidsApps is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families. Copyright (C) 2012 JustKidsApps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.