Luxembourg, Luxembourg – Houdah Software today is pleased to announce HoudahGeo 3.2: one-stop photo geocoding solution for the Mac. With HoudahGeo you may “pin” photos to locations where they were taken. HoudahGeo may store latitude, longitude and altitude information right within the image file – invisibly with no loss of quality. HoudahGeo writes EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags.
HoudahGeo is tightly integrated with iPhoto and Aperture Places. It offers a myriad of ways to geocode and publish photos. HoudahGeo may publish projects to EveryTrail, prepare them for viewing in Google Earth and upload photos to Flickr and Locr.
HoudahGeo allows for automatic geocoding from GPS track logs or from iPhone reference photos. A GPS device is however optional. HoudahGeo provides several options for manual geocoding. The most popular of which being the Map Geocoding pane: this allows for finding and selecting locations on a map. HoudahGeo uses high quality Bing maps and satellite imagery.
HoudahGeo 3.2 allows for publishing JPEG copies of photos to Evernote. This can, for example, be used for location scouting. Photos can be retrieved in Evernote by pulling up the map view.
HoudahGeo 3.2 brings the following enhancements and fixes:
* HoudahGeo can now publish photos to Evernote
* Improves compatibility with the latest version of iPhoto and Aperture
* Signed with Developer ID for Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion compatibility
* Updated toolbar buttons with Retina graphics
* Fixes a crash when importing photos with numeric keywords
HoudahGeo caters to two very different needs:
* Geotagging for archival purposes using EXIF, XMP and IPTC tags
* Geocoding for publishing to Google Earth, Flickr, locr, EveryTrail or Evernote
GPS device: optional.
HoudahGeo offers you many ways of geocoding your favorite photos:
* Automatic: Matches photos to GPS track logs and waypoints
* Reference photos: Matches photos to reference photos taken using a GPS camera (e.g. iPhone 3G)
* Using a Google Earth: Point to the desired location
* Using a map: Pick locations using the built-in map (Bing Maps)
* Precision: Attach photos to GPS waypoints
* Manual: Enter coordinates found on Google Earth, Wikipedia, …
GPS device: supported.
HoudahGeo connects directly to many brands and models of GPS track loggers. It also reads GPX, NMEA, LOG, … and TCX files created by third party software.
* Intel Mac
* Mac OS X Version 10.6 or higher, including 10.8 Mountain Lion
* Digital camera
* Optional GPS track logger
* Optional iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 or 4S
Pricing and Availability:
HoudahSpot 3.2 is priced at $30 (USD) for a single-user license. Upgrades from HoudahGeo 2.0 start at $12 (USD) and are sold in-application. Customers who registered on or after June 1, 2011 are entitled to a free upgrade.
Founded in 2005 by Pierre Bernard, Houdah Software is a small company based in Luxembourg, Europe. Houdah Software specializes in quality software for Mac, iPhone and Apple iPad. Our mission is to pair quality products with excellent customer support. Copyright (C) 2005-2012 Houdah Software s. r.l. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.