Prague, Czech Republic – Independent software development professional, Arseniy Kuznetsov today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of iCasualTours 2.0, the latest update of this popular personal travel app for iPhone and iPod touch devices. iCasualTours helps capture, organize, and share personal travel experience. A casual walk or a two-weeks vacation, the app will help you remember it as it happened and share it with your friends.
iCasualTours records your travel routes and lets you take geo-tagged pictures as well as check-in and monitor nearby places of your interest, with instant display on your Tour Map. iCasualTours offers advanced location tracking technology, with multiple tracking modes to allow continuos use of the app without noticeable impact on your device’s battery.
iCasualTours enables uploading your Tours directly to your Google Account. The Tour Items such as routes, photos, checked-in places, milestones, motion statistics, notes, and links can be easily exported to Google services such as Google Picasa, Google Fusion Tables, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Google Maps – giving you the ownership and full control over your travel data.
The app makes it easy to share Tours, offering multiple upload and sharing modes including event-based, incremental Live Sharing that can happen e.g. whenever you take a geo-tagged photo, check-in a nearby place, or reach a new tour milestone. Full Email, Facebook, and Twitter integration is available. iCasualTours 2.0 is a major app version update, with many added features and improvements:
* Reworked User Interface
* Enhanced Upload & Sharing
* Live Sharing
* Tours Statistics
* Numerous improvements & bug fixes
* No Ads
* Unlimited Upload And Sharing
* Simplified Pro Upgrade
* Free version now supports up to 5 recorded Tours
iCasualTours App Main Features:
Advanced location tracking technology:
* Optimized for fine balance between frequency of location updates and battery life
* Multiple location tracking modes, from exact to extremely energy-efficient
* Accurate position information, even while in the energy-preserving modes
Upload and Sharing:
* Direct upload to your personal Google Account
* You have the ownership and full control over your travel data
* Integrated with Google services such as Google Picasa, Google Fusion Tables, Google Docs, Google Drive, Google Maps
* Configurable upload and sharing of your Tour routes, photos, checked-in places, milestones, motion statistics, notes, and links
* Easy Email, Facebook, and Twitter sharing
Event-based, incremental Live Sharing:
* Can happen automatically on pre-defined events
* The events can be e.g. taking a new photo, checking-in a new place, reaching a new Tour milestone, etc.
* Intelligent use of bandwidth, with incremental data transfers over the network
* Support for multiple Tour Route Segments
* Visually appealing yet clear display of all relevant info on the Tour Map
* Configurable Tour Milestones, both time-based and distance-based
* Detailed motion statistics such as current / average / maximum speeds, distances, ascent / descent, etc.
* Fully configurable Tour Map display
* Take geo-tagged pictures anytime during a tour
* Easy upload of Tour pictures to Google Picasa Web Albums
* Easy pictures sharing on the Tour map, with optional link to entire Tour Picasa Photo Album
* Intelligent display on the Tour map, with configurable pictures grouping
* Powerful built-in photo viewer
* Full control on how the photos are sized, stored, uploaded, and shared
* Tour Nearby Places, with full Wikipedia integration
* Places monitoring, with automated proximity actions such as auto check-in and configurable places alerts
* Instant display of checked-in Places on the Tour map
* Easy share of checked-in Places on your Tour map
* Search for Wikipedia Places around you
* General Wikipedia Places search
* iCasualTours App is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 and iPod touch (4th generation and above) running iOS 6.0 or later. Some features such as Tour Nearby Places search, Upload & Share, or Live Sharing require users to be connected to the internet for full functionality. Note that iPod touch does not support full GPS functionality.
Pricing and Availability:
iCasualTours 2.0 for iOS is a free app and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle & Travel category. For more screenshots and a FAQ, check out the iCasualTours website.
Arseniy Kuznetsov, a well-seasoned software development professional, has been in the industry since 1993 taking part in large projects and contributing to several major software products. Copyright (C) 2013 Arseniy Kuznetsov. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.