Chicago, Illinois – Imagam, Inc. today is thrilled to announce the latest update to iFiles, for iPhone and iPad. The new update includes support for AFP protocol and ability to create password protected zip files.
* AFP Support
* Added ability to create password protected zip files
* Save to PDF option in viewer for Doc, Excel, Power Point and more
* Save Page as PDF option in Web Browser/Downloader
* Web Downloader – Download files from the web using the build in Web Browser or Safari using iFiles Bookmarks. (HTML5/YouTube Videos are now supported)
* Email – Send documents as email attachments directly from iFiles using iPhones email accounts or links to files stored in the cloud. (given service supports this feature)
* Voice Recorder – Use iFiles build-in voice recorder to create voice notes.
* Popup Menu – Tap and hold on file to display context popup menu with file operations.
* Properties – View and change folder and files properties: color label, icon, and rename. For services with supported API you can edit: comments, description, tags/keywords, privacy, copy/generate links.
* Share Files – Share files with other iOS users of iFiles over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
* PDF Viewer – Viewer now supports annotations, full-text search, bookmarks, highlighting, saving directly to a cloud service and more.
* Secure – If cloud services uses username and password they are stored using iOS Keychain, Remote access to your device can be secured with password, and device can be locked using passcode. (Your information is never send to any outside service)
* File Operations – Move, Copy, Rename, Delete, and create New Folders (Operations are supported for all cloud services given that service API supports it)
* ZIP/Extract – Create archive files and unarchive many common archive formats: Zip, RAR, 7-zip, Tar, Gzip, and Bzip2.
* Transfer Manager – Download, upload and transfer files directly between services without required to first download then upload files. Transfers support background mode and will resume if application is closed.
* Easy Upload – If your creating voice recording, importing photos or creating a text file, iFiles will automatically upload to the current location no matter if its local or remote.
* Clipboard Paste – Paste text and photos/images directly to current folder.
* Open In – Open files in apps that support those file types.
* Print – Print files using AirPrint.
* Text Files – Create and edit plain text files. (Locally or directly in the cloud)
* Photo Import – Take Photos, record movies or import from your Photo Library. (Multiple selection support is coming in next update)
* Media Player – Playback audio and video files.
* Thumbnails – Thumbnails are generated for local files: photos, videos and pdf files, thumbnails are displayed for cloud service if its supported.
iFiles now supports many cloud services like: Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, Box.net, AFP, FTP/FTPS, SFTP, Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, WebDav, Amazon S3, Rackspace CloudFiles, SugarSync, CloudApp, PogoPlug, ownCloud and 4Shared.
In situations iFiles is unable to open any particular file type, users can simply send the file to a dedicated iOS app appropriate for that particular file type. This option enables users to combine iFiles powerful file transfer features with other apps’ abilities to open and edit files of various types.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 29.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iFiles 1.14.0 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category.
Located in located in Chicago., Illinois, Imagam is a small software development studio established by founder and CEO Tom Biel in 2009. Imagam specializes in creating fun, useful, and beautiful apps for the iPhone, including the incredible iFiles app. Please visit the Imagam website for more information. Copyright (C) 2009-2013 Imagam, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.