Paderborn, Germany – Indie developer, Jendrik Bertram today is pleased to announce the release of iFlicks 2, the first major update of iFlicks for Mac OS X. iFlicks has integrated video muxing and encoding capabilities, so that users can choose the best option to quickly import their video files into iTunes. They can add metadata to Movies and TV Shows to make their iTunes library look awesome and even update existing videos by dragging them from iTunes to the iFlicks window.
With iFlicks, users can process their video files faster than ever before, so that they can watch them on their iOS device right away. iFlicks uses the most advanced encoders to convert the video stream while keeping quality high and file sizes low. Many current video files can be transferred into m4v containers without lengthy re-encoding or quality loss.
What’s New in Version 2.0:
* Redesigned and more powerful interface
* Improved chapter and subtitle support
* Faster processing
* More powerful rules
* Automatic lookup for Movies and TV Shows
* Clever parsing of file names
* Finds squared artwork for TV Shows
* Metadata completely customizable using rules
* All common mp4 metadata tags supported
* Full support for iTunes specific metadata
* Extend your metadata with chapters
* Extremely fast processing of many video types
* High quality video encoding
* Support for surround audio tracks
* Audio support for multiple tracks in different languages
* Support for subtitles to be embedded in your video files
* Dedicated presets to optimize videos for any Apple device
* Apple Script support for most functions
* Custom watch folders with automated processing
* Powerful rule system to customize your workflow
* Integrated tightly with iTunes
iFlicks can be fully automated using rules, watch folders, and scripts. Users can automatically open videos copied to watch folders and run custom rules to modify metadata and settings. The app handles all common video formats like H.264 and DivX and supports all common video containers like mp4, mkv, and avi.
Using the powerful rules, users can not only move metadata around to their preference, but also automatically choose preset, destination, and further processing options depending on file path, type, or other conditions. Simple rules easily make repeatable steps work automatically and there is powerful rules support for video tagging.
“iFlicks is all about Movie and TV Show Metadata. It helps you make your iTunes Library look awesome by adding metadata; all using a beautifully designed user-interface. It really brings your iTunes library to life,” said Jendrik Bertram. “Managing your video collection on your Mac has never been this easy. If you love Movies just as much as we do, you want them to look beautiful in your iTunes library.”
* English, German, French, Italian, Czech, Swedish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Danish, Dutch, Spanish, Finnish, Turkish, Chinese, Greek, Hungarian, Macedonian, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian
* An Intel based Mac
* Mac OS X 10.7.4 or later
* iTunes 11
Pricing and Availability:
Special upgrade pricing is in place for purchases through the Mac App Store.
* US $9.99 until November 25th (60% Off)
* US $14.99 until December 1st (40% Off)
* US $19.99 until December 8th (20% Off)
* US $24.99 after
Located in Paderborn, Germany, independent software developer Jendrik Bertram has a passion to craft elegant, easy-to-use applications for the Mac platform. As an indie developer, Jendrik Bertram would like to thank all of his wonderful beta testers. Copyright (C) 2013 Jendrik Bertram. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, Macintosh, QuickTime and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.