Vancouver, Canada – Alegre Software is proud to announce the release of PLETHORA(TM), a measurement unit conversions calculator that has more features than any unit conversion program or online conversion utility available. PLETHORA has many hundreds of metric/S.I., imperial, U.S., and other units in its database, most to 14 significant digit precision. New units can be easily added by the user. PLETHORA Supports compound units such as pounds and ounces, ft/in/fractions, scientific notation and control of significant digits. PLETHORA can also convert clock times and many physical constants. PLETHORA also contains an extensive database of definitions and discussion on measurement systems an their history and proper usage.
PLETHORA is also an excellent educational reference for all levels, with on-line bibliography and sections on the history and methodology of measurement, as well as built in definitions for most units and unit groupings.
A few of the purchasers of PLETHORA (formally known as MetricMaster) include:
* Los Alamos National Research Laboratory (New Mexico)
* Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
* Xerox PARC (Palo Alto Research Center)
* Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (California)
* Pellissippi State Technical College (Tennessee)
* Iroquois Gas Transmission System
* Briggs and Stratton Corp
* Institute for Astronomy, Hawaii
* Batelle Institute
Here are a few of the Features built into PLETHORA:
* 1500+ measurement units organized hierarchically in over 100 “modes” (Length, Volume, Area, Force, Pressure, and many others) and nine categories (Basics, Electricity, Heat, History, Light & Radiation, Mechanics, Time, Unit Costs & Quantities, and Trivia)
* Over 120,000 different conversions are possible
* Over 600 definitions for units and unit groups are available at the click of a button
* Converts commonly used “compound” units such as: “tons, pounds, and ounces”, “hours, minutes, and seconds”, and “feet, inches and fractions”
* Contains over 58 physical constants such as: “speed of light” and gravitational acceleration”
* Converts clock times between any two of over 200 locations in the world, in standard or 24-hour format
* Trivia conversions in the “Trivia” category, to answer such important questions as: “How many times higher is Mount Everest than the Washington Memorial?”, or “How much would I weigh on Jupiter?”
* Significant figures vs. “calculator” display
* U.S./English vs. International number formatting (commas vs. spaces)
* Scientific vs. standard notation
* Record complete conversions (original value and unit name with converted value and unit name) in the built-in journal, or save conversions to text files that can be opened and edited by most spreadsheets and word processors
* Zoom down window view to show only units and values for repeat conversions for convenient cutting and pasting into open documents in other applications
* Customized conversion table generation
* Easily add and remove units from the database
* Store up to 30 often-used conversions in a pull-down menu for quick access
* Comprehensive on-line help with insights on the history and methodology of measurement
Pricing and Availability:
PLETHORA is $9.95 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies).
Alegre Software is a software company based in Vancouver, Canada which was founded in 2003. Alegre Software is dedicated to developing useful and low cost utilities for the Apple Macintosh. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013 Alegre Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.