Portland, Oregon – Patrick Thompson, founder of Inkstone Mobile and creator of the top-selling eBook and audiobook apps, MegaReader, eBook Search, QuickReader, and Audiobooks HQ has reached a developer milestone; over 5 million app downloads to date.
After leaving his corporate Engineering Director position in 2009, Patrick Thompson founded Inkstone Mobile out of a passion for crafting elegant, easy-to-use applications for mobile devices. Four years later, Inkstone Mobile has over 15 eBook and audiobook apps in the iTunes App Store, with new additions, including a PDF reader and concert apps, launching soon.
“It amazes me that in less than 4 years we have touched more than 5 million people in over 150 countries with our apps,” Thompson says. “Although the app store is extremely competitive, if you have quality products, it offers an unsurpassed worldwide marketplace for app distribution.”
In addition to upcoming app launches, Inkstone’s best-seller Audiobooks HQ is also receiving a major update, enabling users to easily browse through an ever-growing catalog of over 7,500 of their favorite classic audiobooks – an additional 2,000 books with no subscription necessary! A new “preview book” feature also allows users to stream an audio sample of the book before downloading it.
Like the previous version Audiobooks HQ 2.0, Audiobooks HQ 3.0 also adjusts to the personal preferences of the user with capability to modify the playback speed in 40 steps from .5X to 2.5X without altering the pitch, leave bookmarks, set sleep timers, and skip forward and back through chapters as needed.
Features of Audiobooks HQ 3.0 include:
* Instant access to all the latest free books from the LibriVox and Podiobooks catalogs, over 7500 in all, with new books added daily – no subscription necessary
* Easy search functions. Find books by most downloaded, top rated, genres, tags, solo read books, language, recent, related books, and Inkstone’s top recommendations
* New “Preview Book” button on the book detail page allows users to sample the book via streaming, before downloading
* Leave a note for yourself to come back to your favorite parts of the book with the bookmarks feature
* Exclusive radio theatre audiobooks, originally aired on NPR Playhouse, beautifully performed by Globe Radio Repertory
* Access downloaded audiobooks anytime, anywhere – no network connection needed
In honor of reaching the 5+ million mark, Inkstone Mobile is pleased to offer Audiobooks HQ 3.0 at a discounted price of $.99 for a limited time. Both eBook reading apps, QuickReader and MegaReader, will also be on sale for $2.99 and $.99 respectively.
Based in Portland, Oregon, Inkstone Mobile is an independent software development company founded by Patrick Thompson. Combining a strong blend of design and development skills, Inkstone Mobile’s passion is to craft elegant, easy-to-use applications for mobile devices. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013 Inkstone Mobile. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.