Cheshire, United Kingdom – Leading iOS photography developer Interealtime’s recently updated Camera Boost has quite a history. It was the first dedicated camera app for the iPad, launching shortly after the iPad 2 in 2011. Later that year it was updated with the fastest image processing system on iOS, gaining the ability to record HD video with realtime effects – and even letting you customise filters and adjust them during recording. It was also the first iOS app to offer a true night mode (later made famous in another Interealtime app, NightCap) allowing longer exposure times than other apps for huge improvements in low light shooting.
It’s just undergone another innovative transformation. By replacing almost every part of Apple’s photo processing system, it takes brighter, more colorful photos and videos that capture more detail. It also supports the latest iPads, offering full resolution support on all devices including 1080p video.
By working with iPad photographers and understanding how and why they use it, Interealtime have significantly refined the camera interface. People hold the iPad in two hands when using the camera because of its size and weight so the camera controls are all at the sides, easily accessed with your thumbs, and easily moved up and down to suit your natural hand position. The controls are thumb friendly too – for example the zoom control works just like the ones typically found on digital cameras.
A great range of ‘pro’ camera controls are available. It’s easy to set and lock exposure, focus and white balance independently and without the clumsy “dual reticle” control many apps use. A powerful Night Mode is available, offering longer exposure times than other apps – more light is available to the camera producing brighter images with less grain in low light. This works in both photo and video mode.
Beyond the high end camera controls, the real power of Camera Boost lies in its image enhancement, filters and effects. It features a range of unique filters but also offers a wealth of controls and adjustments including high end effects like HDR, noise reduction and color splash. These effects are super easy to use, and can be combined in almost unlimited ways with live preview for immediate feedback while shooting. They can be used in both photo and video mode too, with instant processing for full resolution photos and videos being processed in HD on the fly during recording.
The amazing power of Interealtime’s UFX (Unlimited FX) system means that you can add as many filters and effects as you want, with full quality live preview and zero slowdown. The result is that you can shoot 1080p video in HDR with the color splash effect. If you move into a darker area and the image looks a little grainy you can turn up the noise reduction – while still recording. You can use on-screen control pads to quickly and easily tweak lighting and contrast or color balance. Then you can sharpen the image a little – and it’s still recording 1080p video without a hitch.
* Camera Boost photos and videos are sharper, more detailed and more colorful.
* Super simple to use: Built for natural 2-handed use with everything just a tap away.
* Live preview: Filters and effects are shown in realtime at full quality.
* Wide range of filters to give your shots a unique look.
* No buy-later “Lens Packs”, everything is included!
* Ultra fast: All filters work in realtime. That means Zero processing time, zero delays.
* Ultra powerful: Create your own filters, and combine many effects for truly unlimited styles.
* Ultra flexible: Even adjust filters while recording HD video. Correct, enhance and remix on the fly!
* Ultra quality: Full resolution photos, HD video (1080p except iPad 2 at 720p).
* Pro features: HDR, noise reduction, real (long exposure) night mode, exposure / focus / white balance locks.
* All features work in both Photo and Video mode.
* Compatible with all camera equipped iPads (iPad 2, 3rd and 4th generation iPad and iPad Mini)
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 3MB download
Pricing and Availability:
Camera Boost 3.1 is just $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. If you are interested in covering or reviewing Camera Boost in your publication, please contact Interealtime for a free download code.
Interealtime was founded by Chris Wood in 2007, with a focus on realtime software design for Mac OS X. Since then focus has expanded to iOS development, and the company currently works on pushing the boundaries of mobile video and photography with high-end realtime processing and innovative software design. Copyright (C) 2007-2012 Interealtime. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.