Revere, Massachusetts – Independent developer James Hollender has released iProteins 3.0, one of 8 iNutrient apps for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. iProteins allows anyone to easily find out how much Protein content there is in over 1,100 different food servings. The application offers critical information for individuals who need to keep track of their Protein intake. New customize serving size feature allows serving sizes from 1-500 g. Version 3.0 is now designed to take advantage of the full screen when run on the iPad.
New to all 8 iNutrient apps (iCals, iCarbs, iCholesterol, iFiber, iProteins, iSatFat, iSugars and Vitamin K) is the capability to record Custom Serving Sizes from 1 to 500 grams in 0.1 gram increments. Users can easily adjust the amounts while viewing the weight in not only grams, but also kilograms, ounces and pounds. In addition to immediate weight updates as you change the number of grams, the nutrient content and calories get updated also. This makes it easy to record the exact serving size you’re looking for based on any of the variables: 9 for Vitamin K, 6 for iCals, and 7 for each of the others.
Startup times for all of the 8 iNutrient apps is now considerably faster than before.
The iProteins app provides information about foods and how they are rated for Protein content. This is given as a means to assist in deciding which foods to eat. This can help to make sure users get their recommended daily amount of Proteins. The following colors help readily identify which is which:
* Black = Rated extremely high in Proteins (30.01 – 51.89 g)
* Dark Red = Rated very high in Proteins (20.01 – 30.00 g)
* Red = Rated high in Proteins (15.01 – 20.00 g)
* Orange = Rated moderately high in Proteins (12.01 – 15.00 g)
* Yellow = Rated moderate in Proteins (9.01 – 12.00 g)
* Light Green = Rated moderately low in Proteins (6.01 – 9.00 g)
* Green = Rated low in Proteins (3.01 – 6.00 g)
* Cyan = Rated very low in Proteins (0.01 – 3.00 g)
* White = Rated extremely low in Proteins (less than 0.01 g)
There are eight tables listing foods:
* All Foods
* Fast Foods
* Fruits & Vegetables
* Meat, Fish & Shellfish
* Dairy & Egg
* Cereal Grains & Pasta
The All Foods table includes a search capability to quickly find food servings you are interested in.
Selecting an item in any of the tables will display pertinent information about the selected food serving:
* Food Title
* Weight in grams
* Common Measure, e.g., 1/2 cup, etc.
* Protein Content
* USDA Description
* USDA Food Group
* USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference ID
Information is derived from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference: Protein Content of Selected Foods per Common Measure. There are currently over 1,100 different food servings included, searchable using approximately 2,500 names (some foods are known by different names or how they are prepared, e.g., “Egg, Scrambled” and “Scrambled Egg”). A few of these have as many as six searchable names. The Info page provides additional information about Proteins:
* What are Proteins?
* Vegan Diet and Proteins
* Highest Protein Foods – Lists 19 different foods containing the highest amounts of Protein
* How to Use this App – Shows detailed information about how to record the user’s personal nutrient intake of Proteins, how to make changes to what the user has recorded, how to backup and restore the data.
* Access My Records – Provides up to a full year of recorded entries, listed and grouped by date. Users may also view each individual entry in the database. Allowances are made for deleting records, changing the date, and also changing the number of servings.
* Other Important Information – Provides access to a copy of the User Agreement, and links to communicate with the developer about bugs, suggestions or comments.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 6.0 MB
The iProteins app is one of 8 apps in the iNutrients collection. Others include:
* iCals – Calories
* iCarbs – Carbohydrates
* iCholesterol – Dietary Cholesterol
* iFiber – Fiber
* iSatFat – Saturated Fats
* iSugars – Sugars
* Vitamin K – Vitamins K1, K1D and K2
Pricing and Availability:
The iProtiens app is available in the iTunes App Store for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The current price is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and can be found in the Health & Fitness category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website, blog or organization you represent when making your request.
James Hollender, a well seasoned Information Technology professional, has been familiar with Apple products since the days of the first Macintosh computer and has been involved with object oriented programming since the introduction of Java, culminating most recently writing apps in Objective C for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. His innovative ideas have resulted in numerous suggestion and other awards including a commendation from The President of the United States. Copyright (C) 2012 James Hollender. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.