Santa Barbara, California – Award winning children’s publisher iStoryTime today released the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs storybook app for free on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs children’s book takes readers on an interactive and narrated adventure alongside Flint Lockwood and his pet monkey, Steve. Flint uses his invention that turns water into food to help turn their tiny town into a thriving “food tourism” destination.
But the good times don’t last long. As the townsfolk request more and more from Flint’s invention, the food mutates, growing bigger and bigger until a tomato-tornado formed of spaghetti and meatballs threatens the town!
Will Flint take control of his invention in time or will foodstorms destroy the town? Find out in iStoryTime’s FREE Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Storybook.
The storybook app also includes the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 Children’s Activity Book available via in-app purchase (behind a parental lock), which features:
* Foodimals Expedition: Explore Big Rock Candy Mountain, Breakfast Bog and the Foodimals Jungle and take pictures of the legendary mountain-dwelling creature Sasquash, the shy young strawberry, Barry, and sour yellow citrus creatures called Lemmins. Collect these and many more in your Foodimals Journal!
* Foodimals Videos: Watch hilarious video shorts not available in the movie of the foodimals in action
* Exclusive artwork only available in this app
* Includes genuine character audio from the movie – Includes real images from the movie for an authentic experience
* Offers automatic navigation and narration options for ease of use
Pricing and Availability:
The Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Storybook is free on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch while the Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 Children’s Activity Book is available via in-app purchase at an introductory price of $0.99 USD.
zuuka publishes zuuka Comics, iTalk and iStoryTime – an interactive storytelling experience delivered to the convenience of your mobile device – which features a series of illustrated and narrated books created by parents for kids. iStoryTime books have been highlighted in the New York Times, LA Times, CBS Early Show, theiPhoneMom.com, CNET and is decorated with Publisher’s Innovation Award, PTPA Media’s Parent Tested Parent Approved Seal of Approval, the Children’s Technology Review’s Editor’s Choice Award and Reader’s Choice for Best Apps for Kids. With over 200 products to choose from, including favorites such as The Smurfs, Puss in Boots, How to Train Your Dragon, WeeSing, Shrek and Kung Fu Panda, iStoryTime apps are excellent tools for both educating and entertaining children ages two years and up. Copyright (C) 2013 zuuka incorporated. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPod touch, and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.