Heerlen, Netherlands – Naboo today is pleased to introduce iVigilo Smartcam 1.0 for Mac OS X, their latest app which allows Mac owners to use their computer as a high quality IP camera with advanced motion and face detection capabilities (a built-in or compatible USB camera is required). By entering the IP address of the camera into a web browser, the live camera feed can be viewed on any computer or mobile device, worldwide. Featuring the latest motion and face detection technologies, the app offers a sophisticated home or office security system, which can be set to email an alert when a motion or face is detected.
iVigilo Smartcam for OS X, is one of the world’s first expandable, computer-based, camera control systems. It brings the functionality of expensive standalone and fixed camera security systems to the Mac. This opens up completely new possibilities for both home and office security, safeguarding a Mac and its surroundings when not being used, or simply saving snapshots of the machine’s users in a daily archive.
iVigilo Smartcam uses the latest motion and face detection technologies to analyze the camera signal from the camera in the Mac computer. The motion sensitivity level can be configured for specific situations. Once a motion or face is detected, an alert can be sent via email.
* Turns any camera-equipped Mac computer into a high quality IP MJPEG web camera
* Set the video stream at a one of several different levels of quality
* Integrated, UPnP port-forwarding to automatically program the router
* Optional user ID and password settings for the admin and user’s camera web pages
* Integrated web server for streaming the Mac’s built-in or USB camera signal via the Internet
* Works on local networks and on external 3G/Wi-Fi networks
* Built-in, advanced, motion detection routines
* Once a motion is detected, a notification is stored in the Alert History on the Mac computer
* Motion sensitivity can be set by the user
* Newest, built-in, face detection routines
* Once a face is identified, a notification is stored in the Alert History on the Mac
* On motion and/or face detection an alert with key frame, still picture is generated
* Alerts can be sent via email to multiple, predefined recipients
* Alert frequency is configurable by the user
* Alert motion events can be recorded as a sequence of still images over time
* Chronological alert history with detailed information per event is automatically generated and stored on the computer
iVigilo Smartcam for OS X features a built-in web server, which is used to stream the Mac camera signal over the Internet. By typing in the IP address of the Mac running the app, any browser will be able to display the live video picture anywhere in the world. Many functions of iVigilo Smartcam can be easily accessed, remotely, from the administrator section of the Smartcam website.
iVigilo Smartcam for OS X builds on the global success of the #1 camera security app for iPhone and iPad, iVigilo Smartcam for iOS, and features a similar functionality and user interface. iVigilo Smartcam for OS X is the latest addition to the iVigilo range of multimedia apps from Naboo.
“With the introduction of iVigilo Smartcam for OS X, we now offer Mac owners the same world-class, security technology as available in our iOS Smartcam app,” stated Leon Klinkers of Naboo. “No other software application for Mac can offer the features and advanced capabilities of Smartcam for OS X.”
* U.S. English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Chinese
* Mac OS X 10.7 or later
* Built-in or compatible USB video camera
* 14.5 MB
* Internet connection required for IP video streaming
Pricing and Availability:
iVigilo Smartcam for Mac OS X is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Video category.
Naboo BV is based in Heerlen, the Netherlands and was founded in 1999. The company engages in the design, development and distribution of software and services for the Internet of Things. Naboo is the developer of the iVigilo apps, a family of Apps used for camera monitoring, security and life casting purposes. For more information about Naboo and its products, visit Naboo online. Copyright (C) 2012 Naboo BV. All Rights Reserved. iVigilo(R) and the iVigilo(R) logo are registered trademarks of Naboo BV in the European Union and other countries. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.