Palo Alto, California – Kidaptive, Inc. an innovative media and technology company today announced the release of Leo’s Pad, “appisodic”, 3D animated, adaptive content that helps pre-schoolers learn and have fun. Leo’s Pad is comprised of 25 appisodes that engage children with games, puzzles, and projects woven into an immersive story arc to create highly situated learning experiences.
Leo’s Pad customizes gameplay based on each learner’s needs and interests, to optimize motivation and create just-right levels of challenge. Parents are also encouraged to participate through an intuitive yet powerful dashboard filled with useful information about their child’s progress on each of 75-plus dimensions of learning, along with tips about how to further support that progress outside of screen time.
“Our mission is to help children learn, have fun, and most importantly become better learners,” said P.J. Gunsagar, Co-Founder and CEO, Kidaptive, Inc. “We have purposefully designed our appisodes to enrich education, engage the child’s mind, and create long-lasting impacts. Our evergreen service to children and parents, who are the most important agent for change in their child’s cognitive development, represents a much richer and more sustained experience than the typical single-purpose apps that currently exist.”
Leo’s Pad is the first release from Kidaptive, a team of experts who have joined together to produce a unique iPad learning experience for children. The company’s embedded curriculum is developed by Stanford University researchers with deep knowledge about preschool learning, and their stories and games are designed by award-winning writers and producers.
Leo’s Pad stars a young Leonardo da Vinci, playfully reimagined in a fantastical world. This first appisode of the series, “Gally’s Birthday,” costars a young Galileo Galilei (Gally), who dreams of flying to the stars. Future appisodes will feature child versions of other historical characters in Leo’s band of friends, including Marie Curie, Confucius, Phillis Wheatley, and Ramanujan.
The stories and games that Leo’s Pad offers help children learn through exploration, repetition, creative expression, problem-solving, and direct instruction; Kidaptive’s comprehensive early-learning curriculum is built upon decades of research in developmental and psychological science.
* Enchanting animated stories from an Emmy-winning creative director
* Interactive games that help children learn shapes, colors, number sense, drawing, letter identification, and puzzles
* Mixture of exploratory, creative and problem-solving activities
* Modeling of social skills like turn-taking and empathy
* Co-play activities in which parents and children interact with Leo’s Pad together
* Fun and memorable songs
* In future appisodes, games focusing on tracing, instruction-following, sorting, turn-taking and patience, impulse control, recognition of emotions, spatial attention, collaboration, and much more
* Coming soon, a For Grown-ups section to give parents deep views into their children’s progress through our comprehensive curriculum
* Designed for preschool ages
* No in-app purchases
* No 3rd-party advertising
* A second appisode in the series, “Rocket to the Stars,” will release in January 2013.
* First full appisode is free
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 167 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Leo’s Pad 1.1 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Learning to Change the World. Kidaptive is an innovative media and technology company dedicated to smart storytelling on iPads and a curriculum developed in collaboration with Stanford University researchers to create entertaining and adaptive content that helps children learn. Kidaptive’s technology uses embedded assessments to customize learning, support metacognitive development, and ultimately provide parents with actionable intelligence and useful tips about how to further support their child’s progress and interests through a proprietary Parent Dashboard. Copyright (C) 2012 Kidaptive, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.