Peine, Germany – Longtime Macintosh developer and publisher, Lemke Software GmbH today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of GraphicConverter 9.1, an important update to its popular image utility for Mac OS X. A PCMag Editor’s Choice Recipient, GraphicConverter is an all-around image editing program that features image conversion from more than 200 file formats. GraphicConverter is fully compatible with different Mac OS versions, including the latest OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
* Comfortable and simplified user interface
* Ability to open files in 200 graphics formats
* Ability to export in almost 80 different formats
* Powerful batch processor feature
* Fully compatible with OS X 10.9
“GraphicConverter does more things with more formats than any other application I’ve ever seen on any platform,” says Edward Mendelson of PCMagazine. “And if you’re a non-professional who needs high-quality image manipulation and conversion on a Mac, it’s both the only choice and our Editors’ Choice.” (26 Nov 2012)
Version 9.1 includes several new features such as non-destructive image editing and undo in the browser.
A new Cocooner editing mode allows users to make modifications to the image appearance while keeping their original image data unchanged. As a result, users can adjust the brightness and contrast of an image, crop and rotate it, save it, and then revert the image to its original state at any time in the future or continue editing it without any loss of quality. GraphicConverter will also export the altered image to all of the supported formats.
In the newest version of GraphicConverter, most of the file and folder operations performed in the application’s own browser can be undone. For example, if a file or folder is deleted accidentally, the user can press Command-Z or choose Undo from the Edit menu to restore it.
There are a variety of additions including the ability to drag vertical or horizontal by pressing the shift key, modifications to the menus and toolbox, and browsing capability of local copies of cloud services like DropBox, SkyDrive, Copy, Amazon Cloud and Google Drive. GraphicConverter also has the ability to convert to color profile and extract images from PDF to concert and modify. Additional new features include:
* added average batch and effect
* added import of .422 (created by Magic Lantern)
* added attach to e-mail menu item
* added fast mode to improved speed of operator dramatically
* added antialias for pen tool
* added crop content batch
* added option to show a RAW indicator for raw files in the browser
* added option to show the label color larger in the browser
* added save, undo and redo icons to the toolbox
* added convert to color profile
* added copy foreground/background color as html to edit/copy/ submenu
* added support for ithmb files with JPEG compressed content
* added option to display color mode of images in browser
Furthermore, GraphicConverter 9.1 has made several enhancements to existing functionality. They are:
* Option to disable storage of printer settings added
* Manual rename of a single file in the browser will now also rename an existing xmp file
* Save for Web opens the save file panel with only the filename selected
* Browser will ignore “InodeMetaMod” events from network drives to avoid too many refreshes
* Extraction of jpeg thumbnails from exif data will store the thumbs with the source file date
* Xe847 preview supports the display with color profile
* 16-bit per channel support to import and export of png added
* Improved concat in convert and modify
* Improved notification dialog if a camera is connected
* Core image filters preview uses the color profile (if available)
MacReview concurs. “GraphicConverter is quite powerful and could be easily compared to a Photoshop, for example. Conversion is quite fast and effortless, and could be done individually or in batches of images. GraphicConverter is a very helpful application. It performs well, and cleverly combines a browser, converter, and an image editor.” (9 Mar 2013)
“The idea for GraphicConverter occurred more than twenty years ago when I wanted to convert my entire picture collection into one of the standard Mac formats,” says GraphicConverter founder, Thorsten Lemke. “Unfortunately there weren’t any programs available that could do this so I created a program to accomplish this job myself. When I finally offered GraphicConverter to other users on a shareware basis, an impressive track record of successes began. Today GraphicConverter has more than 1.5 million users worldwide and is one of the most used and loved programs on the shareware market. This program has even impressed Apple, who include GraphicConverter as a pre-installed application on many of their computers.
“GraphicConverter’s level of success is naturally based upon the quality of the program but also to the commitment of loyal GraphicConverter users everywhere,” Lemke continues. “Their suggestions and ideas have actively supported the development of the program and helped us develop this conversion tool into the professional image editing program it is today. This close corroboration with our users is an important reason why qualified and timely support is a mandate at Lemkesoft. For example, every day I personally answer between 200 to 300 e-mails from users worldwide. Additionally, there are regular program updates which add new or extended features to GraphicConverter on a nearly monthly basis. The main focus and passion of Lemkesoft is focused on the maintenance and further development of GraphicConverter – a product which, for many users, is as natural a part of their Mac as Apple’s operating system itself.”
* English, German, French, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Japanese, Chinese (traditional and simplified)
* OS X 10.7 or later
* 207 MB
Pricing and Availability:
GraphicConverter 9.1 is only $39.99 (USD) and available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Photography category. It can also be directly purchased online from the Lemkesoft website. It is a free download for all existing Version 9.x customers. There is also a trial version available from Lemke Software online. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in Peine, Germany, Lemke Software GmbH is a developer and publisher of Macintosh software. Founded by Thorsten Lemke in 2002, the main focus and passion of Lemke Software is centered on the maintenance and further development of GraphicConverter. Lemke Software also develops individual solutions for special customer requirements. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2014 Lemke Software GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.