San Francisco, California – Mobile developer radiantlabs announced today Living Earth HD 2.0, a major update to its highly acclaimed world clock and weather app for iOS devices. Living Earth HD 2.0 features a stunning 3D simulation of our planet with live cloud patterns, hurricanes, and tropical storms in addition to global weather forecasts, and world clock for millions of cities around the world. Named by The New York Times as a Top 10 iPad app for 2011, Living Earth HD 2.0 lets users visualize our planet in beautiful detail.
Living Earth HD 2.0 for iOS builds upon radiantlabs’ philosophy of creating the most simple, elegant, and beautiful world clock and weather app for the iPhone and iPad. The latest 2.0 update brings seven new live and forecast color heat map overlays to supplement the existing live cloud map. Users can visualize a color heat map of temperature, humidity, and wind speed representing current conditions on Earth. Additional map overlays include 24 hour forecast maps of temperature (mean, max, min), humidity, and wind speed. The 2.0 update also brings a typhoon and hurricane storm tracker feature, pinpointing active storms around the globe.
Living Earth HD is an interactive window into the world, showcasing a live view of the planet complete with light and shadow from the Sun, and the ethereal blue glow of the atmosphere. The 2.0 update brings additional depth and richness to the already beautiful 3D simulation. “Living Earth HD provides a breakthrough world clock and weather interface by displaying a dramatic, near real-time view of the Earth. This is the view that an astronaut would see from space,” stated Moshen Chan, Founder of radiantlabs. “This latest update provides even more amazing ways to see our planet. The new live maps, typhoon and hurricane tracker will allow users to explore and experience the amazing weather dynamics on our planet while also providing the reliable world clock and weather features users depend on every day.”
When adding Living Earth HD to their list of Must Have Apps, Wired Insider wrote, “Living Earth HD is a stunning app that shows the Earth in real time, based on global weather reports.” And Apple’s App Store Rewind 2011, five-star rating said, “Living Earth HD is proof that a world clock and weather app can be beautiful.”
Living Earth HD 2.0 is available on the Apple App Store for $1.99. Existing users of the application will receive the new experience after downloading a free update.
* Live clouds from near real-time satellite cloud data – updated every 3 hours. View global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms around the world.
* Live temperature, humidity, and wind gradient maps. Explore and view our planet in completely new detail.
* World clock, weather and extended forecast for millions of cities around the world with 7 day and 2-hour forecasts.
* Observe sunrise and sunset borders around the world live as they are happening. Watch the day and night shadow line progress across the globe through the day.
* Sunrise and Sunset times for each city.
* Observe the changing seasons throughout the year. View snow and ice coverage as well as other seasonal changes on our globe.
* High resolution live 3D simulation. Especially optimized for the retina display.
* Alarm Clock with music playlist. Wake up to a stunning view of the planet with your favorite music!
* Auto-lock override feature. Keep the display on while docked for a nightstand or desktop clock.
* Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
* 49 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Living Earth HD – World Clock and Weather 2.0 for iOS is $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in San Francisco, California, radiantlabs, LLC is a software development house specializing in crafting cutting edge iPhone, iPad and Mac apps focused on elegance, beauty and utility. Copyright (C) 2012 radiantlabs, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.