Ekero, Sweden – Maintain has announced the release of Cocktail 5.6 (Lion Edition), the latest maintenance update of Cocktail for users running OS X Lion 10.7. Cocktail is a general purpose utility for OS X that lets you clean, repair and optimize your Mac. The application serves up a perfect mix of maintenance tools and tweaks, all accessible through a clean and easy to use interface. Cocktail’s features are arranged into five categories that helps you manage various aspects of your computer. It also comes with an automatic Pilot mode that allows you to simply press a button and relax, knowing that Cocktail will take care of the rest.
* Added ability to hide the Spotlight menu bar icon (System – Spotlight).
* Added ability to rebuild Mail’s Envelope Index database (System – Databases). Mail application uses the (SQLite) Envelope Index database to index and search messages. By rebuilding this database, issues concerning messages that appear incomplete or are missing can be corrected. This feature may also improve Mail’s performance.
* Improvements on the “Clear System caches” procedure. XPC Helper Agent cache is now forced to be rebuilt – this can fix many of media plug-in issues, including issues with Aperture and iPhoto.
* Improvements on the “Clear Kernel caches” procedure. Addresses an issue in which kernel cache could not be rebuilt, “Can’t create kext cache under / – owner not root” error.
* Improvements on the “Clear Java caches” procedure. Added compatibility with the latest version of Java.
* Improvements on the “Clear QuickLook caches” procedure.
* Improvements on the “Clear QuickTime caches” procedure.
* Improvements on the “Search for corrupted preference files” procedure (it now searches for corrupted Launch Daemons and Launch Agents).
* Addresses an issue in which VoiceOver stopped working after clearing Audio components cache.
* Addresses an issue in which number of CPU cores may not be displayed in the Specifications window.
* Addresses compatibility issues with the latest versions of Firefox and Google Chrome.
* Fixed compatibility issues with QuarkXPress 10.
* Resolves a number of other issues discovered in the previous release.
* Updated Automator actions.
* Updated Help files.
Cocktail 5.6 (Lion Edition) requires OS X Lion or OS X Lion Server 10.7. Cocktail (Mountain Lion Edition) for OS X 10.8, Cocktail (Snow Leopard Edition) for OS X 10.6, Cocktail (Leopard Edition) for OS X 10.5 and Cocktail (Tiger Edition) for OS X 10.4 are available for download from the Maintain website.
Pricing and Availability:
Cocktail is $19.00 (USD) for a Single User License and available for purchase from the Maintain website. The license is valid for Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard and (upcoming) Mavericks editions of Cocktail. Cocktail (Leopard Edition) and Cocktail (Tiger Edition) are distributed as freeware and does not require a license.
Maintain develops tailored applications for Mac users. We work towards creating technical solutions which maintain your computer and make it as efficient and easy to use as possible. In addition, we offer comprehensive consultancy and support services which cover everything from operation of existing systems to purchase and implementation of new technical solutions. Among our clients are: Major League Baseball, Puma, The New York Times, Sony Pictures, Ericsson, Fortum, The City Of Calgary, Peak Performance, Loreal, Harvard University, Los Angeles Times, Swedish Film Institute, Weber, ESPN, Business Week, Swedish National Police Board, Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation, Getty Images, University of Texas, South Park Studios, CompUSA, bwin, Lockheed Martin, Defense Intelligence Agency, University of Michigan and hundred of thousands of Mac users around the world. Copyright (C) 2013 Maintain. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.