Cologne, Germany – Indie app developer Slappstick has announced a major update of their popular Mac application AppyDays, which tracks currently discounted apps for the Mac App Store, the iOS App Store for both iPhone and iPad, as well as current discounts from MUPromo.com. The update contains huge improvements in usability and performance and was rewritten from scratch.
New features include:
* Favorites – Users can now add apps to their list of favorites, so they can access them later
* Ignore lists – Individual apps and developers can now be added to an ignore list, filtering out these applications users are not interested in
* Search – AppyDays now allows to also filter apps by entering search terms
* New filter: Rating – Allows users to only display apps with a certain rating
* Background checking – AppyDays will check for new discounts regularly in the background and automatically downloads them, if available
* Growl notifications
* Improved user notifications, including dedicated help messages while the user is using certain features for the first time
Sporting a slick and simple UI, the application focuses on bringing the most current App Store discounts at the users fingertips.
Aiming to being the best tool to list current discounts for Mac and iOS apps, slappstick goes beyond the Mac App Store for Mac applications, by adding all current discounts from the very popular MUPromo.com site, a feature that is not available in any similar application in the Mac App Store so far.
* Mac OS X 10.6 or later
* Intel 64-bit processor
* 1.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
AppyDays 2.0 is available for free exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Reference category. Slappstick is focused on continually improving AppyDays for Mac while maintaining its simplicity.
Located in Germany, Slappstick was founded in late 2009 by two indie developers. They love to think of original ideas and develop exciting applications for the iOS and Mac platform that focus on long-lasting value to the user. Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Slappstick. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.