Paris, France – Appakabar today is pleased to confirm the success of Makanim, their multi-touch app for making animations of colored shapes, developed for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. For two years, Makanim is a great success – the app has been downloaded 260,000 times, with a global rating of 5/5 in the US, and has more than 200 enthusiastic reviews.
Makanim is an artistic multi-touch particle generator. The user touchs the screen with one to six fingers and drag shapes to generate hypnotic visual effects. The app comes with plenty of basic templates and options to play with. There are thousands of potential combinations, and all of them are impacted differently by the interaction of the user.
On the first screen 48 presets can be previewed with an iphone-like pagination. The presets are animated and easy to visualize. When one is selected, a new screen appears where the animation is auto played.
In the main screen, the animation itself takes place. The menu bar at the bottom of the screen enables real-time edition of seven parameters. There are two popups and controls on iPad, and one on iPhone/iPod touch. When the user open a popup, he chooses between seven parameters to change the associated control: animation mode, start color, end color, shape, size, speed and chaos.
Four parameters control the visual appearance of the animation. The shape option defines the form of each of the particles emitted. There are many shapes provided, from snow flakes, hearts, arrows, and many others. Next, starting color and ending color can be adjusted. Some of them aren’t just a single plain color, but rather a set of colors. The starting color option is used when a particle has just been created, while the ending one will be used the moment before it disappears. The size option adjust the dimension of each shape.
Three parameters adjust the motion of the animation: the animation mode option permits to choose between the calculation method, while speed and chaosadd dispersion to the animation.
In the options, Menu opacity enable to adjust the transparency of the menu bar in the animation page and the Expert mode allows to hide the menu bar and play with full screen by using shortcuts.
Makanim permits to make screenshots, stored in the photo library, or to project animations on an external display using a HDMI or VGA adapter (VGA/HDMI output is only available from iPad 2 and iPhone 4S). The app also works with AirPlay Mirroring for the particles to move around on a big screen.
Relaying on its graphic and development experience, Appakabar Studio wanted to do something simple and easy to use, with numerous graphic possibilities. The controls are editable in real-time. The handling of the colors is not as usual the three sliders Red, Green, Blue, but a simple select list of pictograms that represent tints or mix of tints. The same type of control is used for the shape and the mode. It’s an app that truly takes advantage of the touch screen. For exemple, the more fingers you place, the more particles are generated and effected.
Makanim was recently updated and and specifically re-writted to takes advantage of iPad and iPhone Retina Display, and gives a full advantage of the vivid colors and large screen display.
“For those who are seeking a zen-like entertainment, or those who just want create some great effects to share or use it as wallpapers, this might be the right app. With its level of customization, it’s definitely still worthy to try it.” AppAdvice
* Thousands of possible combinations
* Animation presets as thumbnails
* Edit preset in real time
* One to 6 fingers gesture
* 10 animation modes
* 25 original shapes
* 33 arrangements of colors
* 48 editable presets
* Easy to use
* Professional use
* Multi-touch graphic generator of particles
* Switch between modes, shapes, start and end colors
* Control speed, size and chaos
* Screenshot button to save images to your photo library
* Expert mode : hide/show the menu bar
* Limit the number of fingers to avoid interference with iPad multi-touch 4/5 fingers gesture
* Saving of user presets
* Animation auto-play and pause
People who use Makanim appreciate it for several reasons:
* It is easy to use
* The options and customization available are extensive
* It is for kids, adults and professional
* It is perfect to calm down in stressful time
* It is hypnotic
* It is stimulating to the senses
Makanim is used by artists for VJ’ing during art festivals, by clothes designer to create patterns, by musicians to create music videos, and even by speech therapists as a visual amplifier. It is a powerful application that can both entertain and relax. It is very easy to use, even children can have fun with. The options are extensive and changes are immediate. People can spend hours discovering the different ways to animate shapes and creating amazing animation and wallpaper. It also appeals to kids, music fan, people who wants to relax or just spend time on creating mesmeric animations.
Our Fans Love Us:
* Fascinating To Watch! For such a small app, it has an endless shelf life. It’s completely hypnotic, especially while listening to your favorite music. You’re crazy if you don’t get this!
* Something exceptional! This is like having a lava lamp and all those light toys of the 60’s and 70’s all rolled up into one cool toy. I don’t usually write reviews but, I couldn’t resist on this app. Get it!
* Stunning! And fun! Absolutely amazing, easy to use, visually stunning and a mile above all the apps of this kind. The app itself is a work of art.
* Nice! Excellent value app, lots of different shapes and the live control is really good to play with. Lots of fun !
* Great app. Really therapeutic and takes you into a different world. Stunning really.
* Addicting app! When I was a kid, we had a kaleidoscope. We thought that was fun. This is awesome!
* Awesome. Best art app I have ever used
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Optimized for display on all iOS devices
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal Application
* 4.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Makanim – Multi-touch Generative Art 1.3 is $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category. Appakabar also wants to offer the possibility to try Makanim for free. Makanim Lite is a free version of the complete app with limited features, including 4 animation modes, 6 beautiful and original shapes, 33 arrangements of colors with 24 editable presets.
Appakabar is a creative studio based in Paris, France, focused on the development of graphic applications. The emergence of tactile devices is a catalyst: those playful systems offer new opportunities to build innovative tools by making the user experience more attractive. That’s why Appakabar is here: to offer enjoyable and playful applications. Copyright (C) 2013 Appakabar. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.