Dover-Foxcroft, Maine – Developer and publisher Battlefront.com Inc. and Finnish game developer Aniway are very proud to announce the release of “Assault Wave” for iPad. Assault Wave is a real time World War II themed tactical action game specifically designed for the iPad touchscreen interface.
Chess with Machineguns! Assault Wave is a deceptively simple game to learn, as you just drag & drop your chosen Units to the battlefield and issue Commands to alter the tactical situation, yet the game offers a multitude of tactical choices during the game play, single player vs. the AI in a continuuous campaign and single battles, as well as head-to-head play (both online and on-device!). Assault Wave requires you to think fast, and act faster!
The press loves Assault Wave already:
“This is definitely a casual game but there’s a depth here that other games in the genre don’t have. Assault Wave is one of the year’s most visually distinctive titles” – PocketTactics
“All iPad gamers should watch for this game.” – ArmchairGeneral
“Assault Wave for iPad Looks Like THE Tactical Game for Hardcore Players” – Touch, Tap, Play
Bullets: Core Game Play:
* World War II theme, based on Operation Cobra 1944
* Real time
* Tactical Action
* Drag & Drop Controls
* Top Down View
Assault Wave Features:
* US and Germany as first playable nations
* Single Player vs. AI Campaigns and Battles
* Multiplayer 1 vs 1: On Same Device & Online
* 16 Unique Battle Maps
* Unlock new Units and Commands
* Online Multiplayer leaderboard
* 46 Achievements
Game Play in a nutshell:
* Choose a game mode: for single player a “Campaign” or a “Single Battle”, for multiplayer either “On Device Duel” or “Online Multiplayer”
* Choose a Nation (USA and Germany at release)
* Choose Units and Commands for the next battle
* Unit deployment: Drag & Drop Units to your Deployment Area
* Commands: Drag, Target using the Deployment area, and Drop to issue
* Unit and Command spawn rate: each Unit and Command has a unique rate at which they spawn and are redeployable
* Conquer Victory Locations, destroy enemy Units and cross enemy line to gain Battle Points
* First player to reach the Battle Point limit for the current Battle will win
* Unlocking new Units and Commands: in single player campaign you unlock new Units and Commands after each victory – In online multiplayer you gain Battle Points from each played game, use them to unlock new Units and Commands
Aniway is an independent game developer from Helsinki (Finland), concentrating on the development of touch screen device games. The company was founded in 1999, and has experience on mobile game development since 2005.
* Compatible with iPad (1st gen or later)
* Internet connection for Online Multiplayer
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 102 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Assault Wave 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Battlefront.com, Inc., an independent publisher and developer of war and strategy games and home to one of the web’s largest war and strategy game communities. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 1999-2013 Battlefront.com Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.