Seoul, Korea – ConversDigital today is pleased to announce mconnect player free for iOS, an update to its universal multimedia player, designed to provide media playback from any source to any device in a network environment. mconnect player free lets users stream media files residing on DLNA servers, such as Windows PCs, and cloud storage, like Dropbox and SkyDrive, directly to iDevices. In addition to playback on iDevices, media files can be streamed via AirPlay Mirroring to home theater systems equipped with Apple TV, AirPlay compatible speakers, or other DLNA-compatible audio components and smart TVs. This update includes the following: updated UI, playlist management across servers, and micro volume control.
* Universal multimedia player lets users enjoy media playback from any source to any device
* New management of music playlists containing music files stored on multiple server devices on the network
* Scrollable listings of all Server devices on the network
* Scrollable listings of all Play To devices on the network
* Scrollable listings of all Cloud Servers available
* Scrollable listings of all songs with cover art and quick thumb indexing
* Convenient controls, including: Stop, Play, Repeat, Previous, Next, Play Time, and Seek
* New Micro Volume Control allows precise digital control from 0 to 100
* Playback of media files stored on PCs (Windows XP/7/8), network storage, and cloud storage, such as Dropbox and SkyDrive
* Control of streaming media files from your PC, network storage, and cloud storage to DLNA-compatible audio components and smart TVs
* Supports streaming to Apple TV and AirPort Express via AirPlay Mirroring
* Your mobile device becomes a remote controller for connected devices
* Facebook and Twitter sharing
* Audio support: MP3, AAC, HE-AAC, WAV, Audible, Apple Lossless, AIFF, FLAC, OGG, WV, OMA
* Image support: JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF
* Video support: MP4, MOV, M4V (H.264 BP 3.0, MPEG-4 SP)
In a world filled with media choices, Apple has created exquisitely designed, smart, mobile devices that now play a major role in media consumption. Whether users are enjoying music, photos, or video, the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and iPad mini deliver an experience of the highest quality. However, not every home computer, music service, or cloud storage network was designed for maximum compatibility with Apple’s iDevices. mconnect player free is the universal, network, multimedia player solution. While Apple streams media via its proprietary AirPlay technology, the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a non-profit collaborative that develops guidelines for interoperability between digital media devices. mconnect player free makes iDevices DLNA-compatible, greatly expanding the number of digital media sources available to owners of Apple mobile devices.
According to Young Rae Cho of ConversDigital, “To access media services and digital content anywhere, with any device, is what users want today, and ConversDigital strategically strives to provide cornerstone solutions, like mconnect player, which help make connected digital media ubiquitous.”
* English and Korean
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S and iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd, 4th and 5th gen) and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 19.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
mconnect player free 1.1.1 is free (ad supported) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category. An ad-free version of mconnect player is $4.99 (USD). mconnect player is also available for Android.
ConversDigital was founded in South Korea by Young Rae Cho in 2011. The company’s connected and converged solutions enable users to enjoy digital environments without the restrictions of locating contents and devices, achieved through its collaborative computer platform and smart mobile user-interfaces. ConversDigital provides customers with exhaustive solutions, from embedded and application software to integrated platforms that support fast and easy implementation of new product development. To access media services and digital content anywhere with any device is what users want today, and ConversDigital strategically strives to provide cornerstone solutions that make connected digital ubiquitous. ConversDigital serves the consumer electronics, automotive, information, and communication industries with its expertise in digital audio, connected platforms, and smart mobile applications. Copyright (C) 2013 ConversDigital. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.