Bremen, Germany – Juicy Cocktail today is pleased to announce Memories 1.8 for Mac OS X, a major update to its popular diary/journal application that allows users to create customized, daily text entries with embedded images, PDFs, sound, and video. Featuring comprehensive control over style and format, users can personalize each page with their choice of font, color, and alignment. Memories offers encryption of all contents, smart search, auto-save, and easy export. The update adds support for Retina-display Macs, sync via iCloud, and Notification Center reminders.
With a clean, redesigned interface, and enhanced layout of items on each entry page, Memories is among the easiest to use diary apps for OS X. Diarists can express their thoughts and feelings creatively, because the app allows them to write text while freely interspersing video, images, photos, PDFs, and sound. The resulting journal entry is a truly memorable, multimedia record worth keeping over time.
* Embed images, sound & videos inside your entries
* Record images & videos with your iSight camera
* Styles & formatting, like fonts, colors or text alignment
* Current weather is automatically added to entries
* Location with gorgeous map view
* Sync your journal over iCloud
* Notification Center for convenient writing reminders
* Spell checker and proofreader
* Just dive in and start writing a journal
* Access every important function with one click
* Overview of all entries with title, date, and mood
* Full-screen support for focused writing
* Easily change the date of an entry
* Drag & drop images directly from Safari or the Finder
* Auto-Lock after a configurable amount of time
* True encryption with the industry-proven AES-256 standard
* All entries sync encrypted and unreadable by other people
Compatibility and Sharing
* Fast export of one entry or the whole diary
* Export in a variety of formats: Portable Document Format (.pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Rich Text Format With Attachments (.rtfd), Web Page (.html), Web Archive, OpenDocument Text (.odt), Word 2007 format (.docx), Word 2003 format (.xml), Word 97 format (.doc) and plain text (.txt)
* Import just one entry or the contents of a folder
* Synchronization of preferences over iCloud
* Print one entry or your entire journal
* Set a default font for new entries
* Search all entries
* Built-in speech & dictation
* Enhanced for OS X Mountain Lion
* Enhanced for the MacBook Pro with Retina display
* Fast and friendly customer support, usually within 48 hours
The Memories 1.8 update adds the following features: sync via iCloud, Retina-display support, current weather & location in new entries, capture iSight photos or video from within the app, Notification Center support for writing reminders, and auto-lock after a configurable amount of time.
“Keeping a journal or diary is one of the easiest things you can do to improve your psychological well-being, having a private place to express your personal thoughts and feelings daily,” commented Rafael Bugajewski of Juicy Cocktail. “And Memories includes 256-bit encryption for absolute security, preventing anyone who does not know the password from reading the diary.”
English and German
* OS X 10.7.4 or later
* 64-bit processor
* 12.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Memories 1.8 is now at the special sale price of $8.99 (USD), and it is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Lifestyle category. On December 1, normal pricing of $15.99 returns. Review copies are available on request.
Located in beautiful Bremen, Germany, Juicy Cocktail is a privately funded company founded in 2008 by Rafael Bugajewski. With a focus on the Mac platform, the company’s aim is to develop unique Mac and iPhone products. A small independent development company, Rafael does the programming and his wife does the design. Copyright 2012 Juicy Cocktail. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.