West Chester, Pennsylvania – Independent developer Chris Kelleher has announced Model Train App 2.1.2 for iOS, a major update to his app for anyone who collects model railroad trains and equipment. Data entry forms allow users to input searchable information, allowing hobbyists to track all the items in their collection plus planned acquisitions. A highly customizable app, hobbyists can save information on each item, purchases, current inventory, inventory maintenance, sales, and current inventory. Model Train App is an ideal, portable reference when attending train shows or when visiting hobby shops.
* Customizable database for collectors of model railroad trains and equipment
* Data entry forms allow users to input searchable information
* Store information on items, purchases, current inventory, inventory maintenance, and sales
* Portable reference at train shows or shopping
* Take new photos or access photos from the Photo Library for inclusion in the database
Model Train App’s Item Information feature stores complete information about all of the items in their collection that users want to track. This includes basic information, image, classification, railroad, details, lights & sound, manufacturer, specifications, and an unlimited number of purchases, inventory items, sales, notes, pictures, and file attachments. Current Inventory Tracking keeps track of all of the unique items that railroaders currently have in their collection inventory. This includes basic information, image, status – including owner and condition, location, catalog item, and an unlimited number of maintenance, notes, pictures, and file attachments.
The Maintenance Information capability stores complete information about all of the maintenance performed on any of the items in the user’s collection. This includes basic information, maintenance type code, and details such as date, cost, and value added. Purchase Information contains detailed information about each purchase of any item. This includes basic information, where the item was purchase from, and details. Similarly, Sales Information records information about each sale of any item in the user’s collection. This includes basic information, who the item was sold to, and details.
Sample Item Data Entry Form:
* Basic Information – Name, Description, URL, and Record is Active
* Image – take photo or choose photo
* Classification – Category, Subcategory, Type, and Subtype
* Railroad – Railroad and Road Number
* Details – Prototype, Color, Marking, Coupler, Truck, Scale, Material, Wheel, Era, Condition, and Assembly
* Maintenance – Date, Cost, Value Added, Maintenance To Do Indicator
* Lights – Light Indicator and Description
* Sound – Sound Indicator and Description
* Manufacturer – Manufacturer, Model Number, Made In, Origin In, Production Start Date, and Production End Date
* Specifications – Height, Length, Width, and Weight
* Purchases – Add Purchase
* Inventory – Add Inventory
* Sales – Add Sale
* Notes – Add Note
* Pictures – Add Picture
* Files – Add File
“There are a variety of database apps available for model railroad collectors, but none are as easy to use as Model Train App,” stated developer Christopher Kelleher. “This app includes every essential feature, in an intuitive, uncluttered format.”
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 14.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Model Train App 2.1.2 for iOS is currently on sale for a limited time only for $1.99 (USD), which is 75% off its normal price, and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in West Chester, Pennsylvania, independent developer Chris Kelleher has more than 20 years experience as a developer, and began creating iOS apps in 2011. His primary goal is to develop high quality mobile applications for hobbyists and collectors. Copyright (C) 2013 Chris Kelleher Apps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.