Kyoto, Japan – Mooklet Project today is thrilled to announce the release of “Mooklet”, an iPhone application that lets you publish a photo book as an HTML5 web application. Mooklet for iPhone is an app that allows you to create an animated “Photo Story Book” from your photo library in just a few minutes.
Since you can give out your published Mooklet as a “HTML5 based web application” via URL, your family and friends can easily look at your Mooklet on their iPhone or iPad. If you save that URL by using “Add to Home Screen”, you can install a published Mooklet with a unique icon and enjoy it in full-screen mode, just like a native application. Anytime, anywhere.
A Mooklet is not just a photo album. It is a “Photo Story Book” that lets you share your messages and stories. Your Mooklet is unique in the world, and you can easily share it with your family, friends and viewers.
You can use Mooklet to send unique birthday wishes or wedding gifts made with photos of memorable moments. You can also create picture books or lively photo albums of vacation photos. Or, in a more practical application, a Mooklet can be your professional portfolio or a company’s digital brochure that is very easy to hand out to customers and fans.
On June 5th, “Mooklet” won the App Star Award 2012, presented by Appsfire, France. It was chosen from a crowd of hundreds of contenders.
Toru Kobayashi, the founder of Mooklet, commented, “We’re very excited to introduce this creative application. With Mooklet, users can astonish their audience by creating unique story books filled with amazing pictures.
These days, the ways of sharing photos using mobile devices are increasing rapidly. However, existing photo sharing services such as Instagram, Flickr, Picasa or Facebook focus on organizing and displaying your photos in a conventional photo album. Currently, there is no service that allows you to display your photos to their fullest effect with more than just a photo album, like original “Photo Story Books” or photo books enhanced by your personal messages. Although you can use a conventional paper photo book service, the printing costs are a concern if you want to give it out to many people.
Mooklet offers you the flexibility of being published online as well as installed as a web application on your iPhone or iPad home screen. It is a powerful tool to let your viewers experience the unique and high-quality photo books you created, exceeding the limits of a mere photo sharing service.”
Key features of Mooklet:
1. Publish Mooklet Photo Book as an HTML5 based web application. “Mooklet” allows you to publish your Mooklet Photo Book as an HTML5 based web application. Since it is a web application, you can easily install your favorite Mooklet on your iPhone or iPad home screen when you access the URL. If you access a published Mooklet from the home screen, you can enjoy it in full-screen mode, just like a native application, anytime, anywhere!
2. Just choose your favorite pictures and title. It’s done in just a few minutes! You can choose “Manual mode” and “Automatic mode” when you create a mooklet. If you choose “Automatic mode”, just pick your favorite photos and Mooklet will automatically choose fitting background textures and layouts and create a Mooklet Photo Book instantly! After that, you can complete it by editing the titles and captions.
3. Simple and powerful editing features. The design is simple and easy to use! You will never get lost while switching pages or changing background textures and layouts. You can choose from 25 different background textures and 28 different layouts. Each layout has a preset animation. You can easily turn the animations on or off with just one touch. Your work will be uploaded to a “Slot”, an online storage space for publishing.
4. Rewritable slot feature. Your work will be uploaded to a “Slot”, which is an online storage space for publishing.We will give three Free Slots to anyone who creates a user account. A “Free Slot” displays banner ads and can publish Mooklets of up to 24 pages. However, you can reuse it and publish new Mooklets as many times as you want. You can additionally purchase a “Standard Slot” which is free of ads and can hold Mooklets of up to 36 pages.
* iPhone 4 and 4S, iPod touch (Not supported iPad)
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* This app does not support iPhone 3G and 3GS
Pricing and Availability:
Mooklet 1.0.1 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. We will give three Free Slots to anyone who creates a user account. Additionally, you can purchase “Standard Slots” at the special price while running Mooklet.
Mooklet Project was founded by a professional programmer with a career of more than 16 years in Kyoto, Japan, in 2012. The UI was designed by the professional design team “3FLab” from Tokyo, who have worked on applications, product packaging, movies and more.The server side is supported by a professional engineer from a mobile back-end. He is working in cooperation with a small but established organization managing the co-working space “Kowaki” in Kyoto. Copyright (C) 2012 Mooklet Project. All Rights Reserved. Copyright (C) 2012 Mooklet Project. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.