Montreal, Canada – Two years after launch, award winning mobile guide publisher, mTrip, has released a major update to their intelligent guides for iOS and Android. The update offers travelers more intelligent tools and options to make trip planning, exploring, and sharing even easier. The largest improvements to the app come from the all-new trip journal, where travelers can add pictures, notes, and check-ins and publish it online. They can share it through Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
The user interface also received major updates with the most notable changes being to places and offline navigation. Both of which have been completely redesigned to make it easier to navigate.
New features and improvements:
* Trip Journal – mTrip’s new interactive trip journal makes it easy for travelers to share their trip. They can
organize their pictures, notes, reviews, check-ins directly in the app and publish and share their journal
through Facebook, Twitter, email and other social networks.
* Trip Dashboard – Available online, the trip dashboard gathers travelers’ trip itineraries, journals and favorite places from all of their trips in one place to easily share with family or friends.
* Offline Maps and Directions – Offline maps & directions have been redone to provide more details and
provide easier to follow directions by foot or subway.
* Enhanced trip itinerary – Travelers can now get restaurant recommendations on their route, switch entire
days, add evening and meal plans to their itinerary and view it in the updated map view.
* Improved user interface – The improved user interface makes it easier to navigate the app and explore the destination.
* More ways to share – The updated app offers travelers a way to share check-ins, places, photos, notes,
reviews, and postcards through email or Facebook.
* Transfer trip itineraries to other devices – Travelers can back up and transfer trip itineraries to other
* New ways to discover – Around me and Nearby places helps travelers find nearby attractions, restaurants, shops, bars and more.
Available City Guides:
London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Venice, Barcelona, Madrid, Moscow, Dublin, Istanbul, Munich, Vienna, New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington, Tokyo, Shanghai, Singapore, Beijing, Bangkok, Budapest, Prague, Stockholm, So Paulo. More coming soon…
* English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese and Norwegian
mTrip publishes intelligent travel guides for smartphones and portable devices, like iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android. Combining expert content from Falk Content and Internet Solutions (Falk CIS), user-generated content from world travelers, user-friendly functions and advanced technologies from the latest smartphone developments, mTrip is positioned to be the leader in travel guide applications. Copyright (C) 2010-2013 mTrip. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.