Barcelona, Spain – Independent game developer Indie Dev Stories presents their new iPhone/iPad baby: Muster my Monsters. Have a blast fighting in the arena of this hilarious 4-player party game. To deal with this bunch of monsters, the key is to have rapid reflexes, good intuition and master the art of bluffing. And mocking at your rivals. MmM basic rules are similar to Rock-Paper-Scissors, but in MmM we have ruder actions: Attack beats Mock, Mock beats Dodge and Dodge beats Attack. This is called “balance”.
“Chuck”, Goomerah, Oh-oh-zilla and other celebrity monsters will fight for glory in the battle arena of Muster my Monsters. Well, actually they will fight because this is the will of the Monster Master (aka Musty). Musty is a weird being that comes from… somewhere in the universe. His origin is not clear, actually.
What we do certainly know about him is that he loves playing with his monsters and inviting people to play with them. That is why he has created this game for iPhone and iPad. In Muster my Monsters, up to 4 players can measure their reflexes, intuition and bluffing skills or you can also play versus the CPU if you need some training.
The mechanics are based on a rock-paper-scissors gameplay design and are really simple. Each player controls a monster and every monster is able to perform 3 different actions: Attack, Mock and Dodge. Attack beats Mock, Mock beats Dodge and Dodge beats Attack. The player who manages to KO all the rivals wins the combat!
“With Muster my Monsters, we have created a digital toy that enables players to create their own gaming and social experiences. The game is not guided at all. You can play alone or with your friends and family, you can fight in duels, organize a tournament, play on teams, you can tap your rivals’ controls or block your rivals’ hands… If it is funny and you can do it , do it! Create your own rules! Be a creative player!” – Toni Sala, Founder at Indie Dev Stories.
Muster my Monsters features two game modes that require completely different skills and play styles:
* Normal mode. Up to 4 players can fight simultaneously using a single device. Fingers, hands and arms everywhere! Muster my Monsters is a contact sport… and this game mode proves it!
* WIFI mode. Up to 4 players can fight simultaneously using their own device which acts as a remote controller connected to the Arena device via WIFI or Bluetooth. In this game mode, you can’t see your rivals’ next move, so intuition and bluffing are key. Use your mental control capabilities!
By accumulating victories playing any of the game modes you will unlock new monsters. Each one has its own personality and all of them are crazy! Moreover, at Indie Dev Stories we are working hard right now on new and hilarious updates with new monsters (they can’t wait to jump into the arena) and also new content and new super-secret features that we will uncover in the near future.
* A modern twist on the classic rock-paper-scissors game featuring funny monsters, crazy attacks and lots of different ways of mocking at your rivals
* Solo to up to 4 players (up to 4 players on iPad and up to 2 players on iPhone & iPod touch)
* Play versus the AI to improve your skills
* Two different game modes (Normal and WIFI) that require completely different play styles and skills
* Win battles to unlock new monsters. Every monster has its own personality
* High quality visuals with detailed characters and smooth animations
* Simple controls
* A good time with friends and family
Muster my Monsters has been developed by a tiny but incredibly talented team of two members that have been developing games for more than five years. It has been a long and tortuous development process of almost 8 months, but it was worth the effort. At Indie Dev Stories we are absolutely proud of Muster my Monsters and we are hoping that you enjoy the game as much as we do.
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* 33.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Muster my Monsters 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Check it out!
Indie Dev Stories is an independent game development studio settled in Barcelona, Spain. The studio consists of a single permanent member (Toni Sala) but we have great collaborators that make ideas become reality. At Indie Dev Stories we love to create genuine, funny, handcrafted games that enable remarkable experiences when playing them. Indie Dev Stories founder, Toni Sala, is an experienced game designer and developer who started his iOS journey on 2009. Before that, he was working as researcher and professor at the Pompeu Fabra university, Barcelona. As a professor, he worked with Daniel-Sanchez Crespo (Novarama, creator of Invizimals) in order to consolidate one of the first Computer Science degree programs in Spain that included subjects related to videogame design and programming. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2013 Indie Dev Stories. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.