Cupertino, California – Adults 18 year of age or older who want to know that their advance care documents will be accurately and immediately delivered to a physician or hospital in the event of a medical crisis, can now download the new app My Health Care WishesTM (MyHCWishesTM) and get the peace of mind they deserve.
Created by The Murdocks LLC, MyHCWishes lets users easily create a portable digital library that stores their personal advance care plan documents, such as a living will, advance medical directive (AMD), health care power of attorney (HCPOA; proxy), DNR order, and Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST). All documents are saved in easily accessible pdf format.
In addition, users can store advance care plan documents belonging to their spouse, parents, children, and anyone else they care about or for whom they are acting as proxy. It’s another layer of protection that helps ensure care information is understood, respected and implemented without delay in the event of a medical emergency.
Additional key features of MyHCWishes include:
* Adding unlimited people, each of whom are assigned a customized folder
* Assuring complete confidentiality because the data resides only on the iPhone, yours, your proxy’s, or a loved one’s
* Showing or send a summary of health care wishes to health care providers via text or email
* Carrying key information on primary and secondary proxy, primary care physician and specialists, emergency contacts, insurance, and medical condition
* Accessing contact information from the device’s contacts list
* Editing and update documents as health status changes
* Keeping track of document versions by date entered
* Downloading a free wallet card
“Mobility of these documents provides enormous benefits to people, families, hospitals, and physicians,” commented Diane Burnside Murdock, co-founder of The Murdocks, LLC. “And it does something that nothing else has been able to accomplish. It instills in our families the importance of doing an advance medical directive. It’s about peace of mind and family being there for each other in a way not possible before.”
Adults 18 years of age and older who want to benefit from the only app they’ll ever need for their advance care plan, can download My Health Care WishesTM from iTunes now. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, and requires iOS 4.3 or later. A version for Andriod-enabled devices is scheduled to be released in the near future.
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 4.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
My Health Care Wishes 1.1 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the App Store in the Medical category.
The Murdocks LLC was created explicitly for the design and development of My Health Care WishesTM applications for iPhone, Android and a desktop version. The idea came out of a book The New Art of Dying that Diane Burnside Murdock is writing with an anticipated book launch in 2013. Copyright (C) 2012 The Murdocks LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.